Police Officers Who Shot at Two Innocent Women 103 Times Won't Be Fired

Turbo19

largest.jpg

The eight Los Angeles police officers who shot at two women over 100 times will not lose their jobs. They won't even be suspended. They'll just get some additional training.

They'll need it, since the shooting happened at the height of the manhunt for cop-killer Christopher Dorner, when police mistook two women delivering newspapers in a blue Toyota Tacoma pickup truck for one man hellbent on revenge in a charcoal Nissan Titan pickup truck and shot at them 103 times. One of the women, who was 71 at the time, was hit twice in the back. The second woman was hit by broken glass. I would say those cops should get some training in target practice, but then it's probably best for innocent newspaper carriers that they don't.

Yesterday, a commission found that the officers violated department policy when they thought the sound of a newspaper hitting the pavement was a gunshot and opened fire on two women who were, again, doing absolutely nothing wrong except driving a truck that didn't even look like the one they believed their suspect to be in.

The officers faced suspension or even firing, but police chief Charlie Beck elected instead to let them all return to duty once they undergo some additional training, according to a memo obtained by the AP. The officers have not been named, so you'll probably never know if the guy writing your speeding ticket once shot at an innocent senior citizen.

Read More: Source

Thats some bullshit....

Absolutely. Even in LA the police force gets cut a break in even the most heinous of crimes. It's absurd to another level.

This needs to stop, not only the trigger happy behavior of law enforcement, but also the way these cases are handled by the superior powers.

And some people always are in defense of the cops amazing enough which makes then just as diabolical as the POs who showed high levels of aggressiveness misguided at innocent civilians. They must be turning a blind eye to the obvious rash of incidents of cops going overboard. See why many never trust cops nor depend on them for their own safety, and that is not the way it should be. This is why we have many NRA supporters btw, they know that they cannot depend on the police who was supposed to protect. Live with it, thats the exact reason. What a screwed up country.

I still cant figure out why the police continues to get away with this other than the fact the City of Los Angeles is protected by congressional laws protecting POs from being prosecuted in cases such as this. Really they should be charged with felony assault but they dont. 

This country sure as heck went backwards since the days of the civil rights movement in terms of violations of the constitution which is draconian and must be revised. But the congressmen are too busy buying drugs, wasting our money on lavish vacations and f**king around with slut hookers to care about such pressing problems with this militarization of police. protecting us from so called terrorists? My ass, looks like the police are really the terrorists. 

where he touches upon this issue which he amazingly foresaw almost 40 years ago now. This one of my influences behind my views. Wise words behind this song.

This is BS. Then there are some people out there (they know who they are) who actually defend the actions of these cops. Those particular people are no better and in some cases are just as worse as the officers involved in this shooting.

This is BS. Then there are some people out there (they know who they are) who actually defend the actions of these cops. Those particular people are no better and in some cases are just as worse as the officers involved in this shooting.

I can hear the blanket statements and excuses already. Oh such people are throwing the race card. Yeah ok. Doesnt change the fact that police brutality is involved.

Or another one... we hate all cops. Bullshit, there are many cases where there are cops who have great appreciation and respect for the communities they serve. Too bad they are in the minority though.

Oh wait: We are all getting cops in lawsuits its all about the money. Bunch of crap IMO.

Anyone who sees this and similar situations as a quick money grab or prioritizes money clearly has the wrong mentality.

Enough said.

Indeed.

Problem is that most people know that the police are there to protect the rich and ridicule and oppress the poor nethertheless entertain this. Since most people are not affected by such things as racial profiling, may be prejudiced themselves, and have been misguided by propaganda. So they tend to ignore the prevalent issues denying it exists and flame others as first it doesnt affect them and dont care and second because they really wish for the police to continue to oppress those violated by police misconduct. Its sick. What do they really want? The activation of a police state? Despicable.

I said this in several posts, this society is taking a reverse turn in what actually defines justice. Also the fact that most cops are not interested in protecting the people regardless of economic standing. Its alarming.

When they hear of a black person revealing the controversy they dismiss it as throwing the race card. You should see the moronic sinister comments that follow such articles on the internet news sites. Its shocking and worrysome because thats how America thinks.

Trust me they are stopping up their ears to the outcry for true justice by many. Thats why you are seeing such misguided favor for cops who abuse such people who are harrassed by these officers.

--- Post Merge ---

I would imagine that theres a huge difference between sharing legitimate opinions over how good cops are shed in a bad light which I understand perfectly well, and those who support police brutality and racial profiling without shame. After all they are obviously racists themselves. And its growing like a virus. Its too bad that the influential leaders who exposed the bigots in the 60's are gone now an that our generation forgot about the struggles our older prominent peers strived for, a society rid of government oppression. Once upon a time we were going places in America.

Its sad to see that what we are seeing now is really a reverse trend to the jim crow days. Its really happening and the evidence is clearly there. Want surces haters? I'll provide. I suggest they dont shut their eyes to reality and truth and get with the program, this is not a joke.

But of course such people who in self actualization that sees this are dismissed as people with 'issues' when they are hypocrites as they have issues their damn selves.

Saying it like it is, what they dont want to hear out of their ignorance and selfishness, disregarding the suffering of others caused by these many problems. No wonder we are going nowhere in the millennium.

And indeed enough said as we can talk until we are blue in the face. But nobody cant face hard reality. Must be a real fear of American efforts at social progression. It really scares them.

Archived