MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can someone tell me what the difference between ta and oa is in depth please

MaBSTOA the (Operating Authority) sole responsibility is bus operations in the Boroughs of Manhattan and the Bronx while New York City Transit Authority (Transit Authority) sole responsibility is bus operations in the Boroughs of Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and 126th Street Depot which is the only TA Depot in the Borough of Manhattan

MaBSTOA (OA) MANHATTAN & BRONX

MANHATTAN DIVISION

MANHATTANVILLE DEPOT

TUSKEGEE AIRMEN DEPOT

MICHAEL J QUILL DEPOT

MOTHER CLARA HALE DEPOT (UC)

AMSTERDAM DEPOT (CLOSED MUSEUM FLEET)

BRONX DIVISION

KINGSBRIDGE DEPOT

WEST FARMS DEPOT

GUN HILL DEPOT

New York City Transit Authority (TA)

BROOKLYN DIVISION

ULMER PARK DEPOT

EAST NEW YORK DEPOT

JACKIE GLEASON DEPOT

FRESH POND DEPOT

FLATBUSH DEPOT

GRAND AVENUE DEPOT

QUEENS DIVISION

JAMAICA DEPOT

QUEENS VILLAGE DEPOT

CASEY STENGEL DEPOT

MANHATTAN DIVISION

126TH STREET DEPOT

STATEN ISLAND DIVISION

YUKON DEPOT

CASTLETON DEPOT

MEREDITH DEPOT

CHARLESTON DEPOT

MaBSTOA (OA) is a subsidiary of New York City Transit

Yup everything @Busoperator stated. Just want to add a little something on top of that.

TA is also consider as a civil service. Both OA and TA uses same union I believe "TWU local 100" except for staten island depots uses "ATU" as their union.

The pensions on TA is different compare to OA.

Yes both TA and OA can work at any depot during their

senority pick if the route line they want is open.

As far the different pensions benefits and how it goes, not sure exactly in full details what is being offered between the two, but I know TA will be covered by the city of new york, so im guessing maybe similar to any city civil service worker like "Nypd, fire dept, postal service" you know. But maybe theres a site somewhere that may show us a little sample of how the pensions work in the city of ny.

• 2 weeks later...

between ta and oa which one has better benefits n which one is better to work for

TA has a better pension plan since its a civil service agency. Both OA and TA has same Union "Depending which Depot you work for" as stated above. Because TA is a civil service division, thats why they give competitive written exam where OA or BC only gives an BOSS exam.

Your list number for TA is based on your Test score, Both OA and BC gives random list number.

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone please tell me how to apply for this exam.

MaBSTOA

Bus Operator (NEW)

Jun 4 – 24, 2014

I really appreciate it.Thank you

You have to wait till the posted date in this case june 4th go back to the site and youll see the title will be a hyperlink (itll be blue) click it and itll take you to the online application

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

You have to wait till the posted date in this case june 4th go back to the site and youll see the title will be a hyperlink (itll be blue) click it and itll take you to the online application

Just like if you go to http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/appexam.htm now, you see there is a hyperlink for the 4 exams that are currently open for filing...something similar will happen once June 3rd or 4th approaches. 

• 2 months later...

I just paid for the application, anyone know what happens now? Am i going to receive a letter on when i can take the test?

The waiting game will take place @FatboyNYC. You will receive a first letter stating that they receive a payment for the application 4105. After you will have to wait until they send another letter to come take the BOSS exam. This can take months or a year. They are now working through the List for MaBSTOA Exam 3101 which was giving on November 2013.

For me this is like the back door to this position.....for ta you need to take an exam and pass and be put on a list, than take the boss exam......for this you send in the money.....get a list number and wait to be called...than take the boss exam and wait to be called for processing....this worked for me...I wish they would had told me the difference from mta bus and oa....but I am on one for 7 years now and the union is pushing for equal pension as oa......so 13 more and out....best of luck to all who apply!

For me this is like the back door to this position.....for ta you need to take an exam and pass and be put on a list, than take the boss exam......for this you send in the money.....get a list number and wait to be called...than take the boss exam and wait to be called for processing....this worked for me...I wish they would had told me the difference from mta bus and oa....but I am on one for 7 years now and the union is pushing for equal pension as oa......so 13 more and out....best of luck to all who apply!

Well I had better luck I was with MTA Bus for two years back in 2011 did a year in LG and a year at EC, when TA called me which I started in aug I got the hell out of there and was lucky to still be placed under the old contract i didn't even care about the two years I lost.

Well I had better luck I was with MTA Bus for two years back in 2011 did a year in LG and a year at EC, when TA called me which I started in aug I got the hell out of there and was lucky to still be placed under the old contract i didn't even care about the two years I lost.

I was wondering why I haven't seen you.....how is it over there compared to mta bus?

• 1 month later...