MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

Long day 3 el pillars in the simulator. Did good 1 student from another class hit a bldg. I did a 3 point turn at spring Creek. Perfect. Horse shoe. Didn't hit a curb. Rolled thru a yellow 😂 .  Missed 1 reference point on a  turn because the supt said here (meaning turn) so I turned n rubbed the curb.  Instead I should have said im not at my reference point yet.I was going deep he thought I was going straight.  Crazy situation but he took that back. Drove from zerega to spring Creek perfect highway driving. So all in all it was a fair day.  Day four tomorrow here we go.  

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 4. El pillars in bk.  Good. More obtuce n acture turns excellent. 19a test 100. Parallel parking great. straight backing great. Got a yellow 😂 again.  Same spot Springfield n 131.  Day5. Monday in Manhattan. N it's supposed to rain Hope that's a blessing. Hubby working sat. Express run in NYC. I'm riding with him. Gotta keep my Head in the game

1 hour ago, mtawife said:

Day 4. El pillars in bk.  Good. More obtuce n acture turns excellent. 19a test 100. Parallel parking great. straight backing great. Got a yellow 😂 again.  Same spot Springfield n 131.  Day5. Monday in Manhattan. N it's supposed to rain Hope that's a blessing. Hubby working sat. Express run in NYC. I'm riding with him. Gotta keep my Head in the game

Good for you!! FYI - it doesn't matter if you get a 100 or not on the 19a test, as long as you get a certain amount of questions correct, they are happy. If not, just keep trying until you get it. You won't get a "U" for that, trust me.

FYI - Day 5 is going to be similar to Day 9, if you have to go there. As far as the yellows, look at the pedestrian countdown clock - if it's less than 5, stop!! Judging the yellows along Park Avenue are hard, but you only have to go through that one or two days. Even on Day 9, you go 1 block on Park Avenue and that's it.

Ty I need help with judging the lights. The hand starts blinking I stop. Then the supt says u still had time.  I c The timer at 9 let's say 15 feet n I stop cause I'm scared. But still had time  Ugh🤣 I got a yellow on all days.  So I'm petrified.  Between the moving Left to right scanning n pedestrians those light's keep Catching me. My supt wants me moving weaving watching. He's rushing every manuver n so lights r catching me. Any help from you guy's is appreciated.  

38 minutes ago, mtawife said:

Ty I need help with judging the lights. The hand starts blinking I stop. Then the supt says u still had time.  I c The timer at 9 let's say 15 feet n I stop cause I'm scared. But still had time  Ugh🤣 I got a yellow on all days.  So I'm petrified.  Between the moving Left to right scanning n pedestrians those light's keep Catching me. My supt wants me moving weaving watching. He's rushing every manuver n so lights r catching me. Any help from you guy's is appreciated.  

Mind I ask how fast you're traveling? If necessary, go a little bit faster or slower...keep in mind the speed limit is 25 MPH, so if you're going at about 20, speed it up for a little bit...

Keep in mind, like I said, Day 5 and Day 9 are very similar, and with Day 9, not only do you have a different instructor, but that's the Day when close to 75% of the class qualifies.

Edited by +Young+

It's. Crazy cause I have a heavy foot. Wen the supt wants me to use it. It's ok. But it causes me to get caught. N it's on me. Other day I'm doing 27 on hillside Ave towards Springfield. He's like get in there drive the bus. I say I'm already at 27. He says ok drive the bus

3 hours ago, mtawife said:

Day 7 great day 8 great  supt agosto great guy. Said all  3 of us shouldn't have a problem qualifing day 9 tomorrow.  19 outta 25 went to day 9.  I wish all u guys n gals good luck.

Good Luck....Scan your mirrors, Forward plan, Observe traffic lights, Call out all hazards and bicyclist, Service the bus stop if requested and properly kneel the bus before opening the passenger door. You should be fine, just execute it tomorrow!

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, mtawife said:

Congrats and welcome to the first stage of NYCT.

Overall how many made it in your class?

10 hours ago, mtawife said:

Only 3 depots to pick from today. So listen up general pick is until December. Heads up to all the people that got Hired with list numbers above 2100. 6 of us r bumping u out ur spots. Don't get comfortable.

Lol very funny MTAWIFE. But seniority is based on when you come onto the job. The picking system is based on seniority Pegs numbers. You can have a lower list number but if you’re hired after your original class dates or were suppose to be in you lose your seniority spot if two classes goes in that depot before you. At the moment during the General system pick, if you were hired between September- December, there’s a possibility chance you may get bumped out of the current depot you residence at.

• +Young+ changed the title to MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

So I got my letter in the mail today, with a list number of 41**, which is in between 4100 & 4200, with a report date of Thursday, January 25th to report to 180 Livingston Street. However, since I failed the B/O training session 4 years ago (February 2014), I have to wait 5 years (February 2019) to try again. Therefore, I'm going to decline the appointment, respectfully.

Good luck everyone!!

17 hours ago, +Young+ said:

So I got my letter in the mail today, with a list number of 41**, which is in between 4100 & 4200, with a report date of Thursday, January 25th to report to 180 Livingston Street. However, since I failed the B/O training session 4 years ago (February 2014), I have to wait 5 years (February 2019) to try again. Therefore, I'm going to decline the appointment, respectfully.

Good luck everyone!!

I am happy for u I am list #45** so I am happy they r in the 4000s. Today I called them asking how far list # they gone they told me 3000 which I knew was wrong but I said TY hung up.

On 1/19/2018 at 5:05 PM, +Young+ said:

Good luck everyone!!

I also failed  the training recently but when I called they said that I was still in the running for B/O 4105. Do you think that 5 year rule only pertains to those that didn’t apply for other past exams? 

3 hours ago, JJnyc said:

I also failed  the training recently but when I called they said that I was still in the running for B/O 4105. Do you think that 5 year rule only pertains to those that didn’t apply for other past exams? 

I don't know what the rule is about that but if they say you are still in the running when you have your letter go down see what they say. 

7 minutes ago, LeoSimmy said:

I don't know what the rule is about that but if they say you are still in the running when you have your letter go down see what they say. 

Thanks for replying! Perhaps you shouldn’t decline the appointment just yet since they already  sent you a letter to report for the  pre-employment process for January 25th. Maybe you still have a shot tho.

1 minute ago, JJnyc said:

Thanks for replying! Perhaps you shouldn’t decline the appointment just yet since they already  sent you a letter to report for the  pre-employment process for January 25th. Maybe you still have a shot tho.

Yep go see what they say don't make a decision let them tell you. What is your list number if you don' mind me asking?

4 minutes ago, LeoSimmy said:

Yep go see what they say don't make a decision let them tell you. What is your list number if you don' mind me asking?

4 minutes ago, LeoSimmy said:

#4900’s