MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fatboy you dont get a confirmation letter if your payment was successful you should of gotten the confirmation number right then and there on the payment screen that you could of printed or written down for your records or check your bank or credit card statements for the charge being made to your account.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone I've been reading the forum for a few days now and would like to thank everyone for sharing the info.

I have a question regarding the age to be appointed B/O. I see the requirement is to have a license for at least 3 years and a cdl b permit or cdl license. As I am 21 but have the driving time and permit down.

Hey Stacks27 if you are 21 now, you are all set. Just have to make sure you don't get any serious Moving Violation Tickets, Accidents  and have either a CDL Class B/P Permit or Full License by the time you are appointed.

Hey everyone I've been reading the forum for a few days now and would like to thank everyone for sharing the info.

I have a question regarding the age to be appointed B/O. I see the requirement is to have a license for at least 3 years and a cdl b permit or cdl license. As I am 21 but have the driving time and permit down.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm very late on this BUT I'm going to ask anyway.... Ive applied for this test and was wondering what the BOSS exam is like, is it just a psych or full on test. Also I recently passed my CDL Class B with BPS endorsements and no restrictions, would that help me in the process if I score high and get called up. 

Thanks for any answers and sorry for beating this thing to death

I know I'm very late on this BUT I'm going to ask anyway.... Ive applied for this test and was wondering what the BOSS exam is like, is it just a psych or full on test. Also I recently passed my CDL Class B with BPS endorsements and no restrictions, would that help me in the process if I score high and get called up. 

Thanks for any answers and sorry for beating this thing to death

Yes your question has been answered Numerous time on this thread and other current Bus Operator Exam's Thread. The BOSS is a Psych test where they're trying to figure out what type of Bus Operator you will probably be. The Questions are multiple choice answers where they ask Personal questions about you and other work ethical related. Believe it or not, A high percentage of people fails it sometimes. Some of the question will be repeated multiple times, but asked and worded differently where your answer must be consistent.

Congrats on your CDL License. Although you have your license, that will not make you skip to an hiring process as soon as possible. Everyone is called in the order of the way the list is establish. So if you are List number 321, List number 320 will be ahead of you. Since Exam 4105 is MaBSTOA Division, You only take the BOSS exam. There's no high score placement. Its either you passed or not. You will or should have received an random list number. Now having your CDL Class BP or A is a good thing when it comes to the final step during the 7-10 day qualification training. You wont have to worry about taking the DMV road test compare to someone who just have their CDL permit only.

Visit other threads for more further details and whats going on. Click links below and it will direct you to the threads.

Bus Operator Exam 2613 (TA) 

Bus Operator Exam 3101 (OA)

Bus Operator Exam 4600 (TA)

Bus Operator Exam 2301 (MTA BUS.)

• 2 weeks later...

I took the exam 3101 nov 16,2013. 4105 is scheduled for November 15. Since the boss exam is good for a yr. should I have to take it?

According to the updates information located here http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/4105.htm. They will be having two different testing date for the BOSS exam. So some applicants will be taking it on the 15th of November, and The remaining who was not schedule on the 15th of November will take it on another date. Since you took it already for Bus Operator Exam 3101 and Passed. Most likely you'll probably wont be schedule to take it on the 15th of November. Its a possible chance you will probably be on the reschedule list group.I believe they rather administrate the applicants who doesn't have a record of taking the exam before takes it first compare to someone who passed it already and put them on the reschedule list. Remember this is just a thought not facts. Best advice is, if by the 10th of November you do not receive anything, Just contact Exams Unit or Head down to the HQ just to verify if you are schedule on the 15th. 

I believe you will be reschedule Because I also took 3101 and passed and was not schedule to take the BOSS 4600 past October 4th.

I took the exam 3101 nov 16,2013. 4105 is scheduled for November 15. Since the boss exam is good for a yr. should I have to take it?

According to the updates information located here http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/4105.htm. They will be having two different testing date for the BOSS exam. So some applicants will be taking it on the 15th of November, and The remaining who was not schedule on the 15th of November will take it on another date. Since you took it already for Bus Operator Exam 3101 and Passed. Most likely you'll probably wont be schedule to take it on the 15th of November. Its a possible chance you will probably be on the reschedule list group.I believe they rather administrate the applicants who doesn't have a record of taking the exam before takes it first compare to someone who passed it already and put them on the reschedule list. Remember this is just a thought not facts. Best advice is, if by the 10th of November you do not receive anything, Just contact Exams Unit or Head down to the HQ just to verify if you are schedule on the 15th. 

I believe you will be reschedule Because I also took 3101 and passed and was not schedule to take the BOSS 4600 past October 4th.

I took the BOSS for MaBSTOA 3101 last November and I just got a Letter of Admission in the mail for B/O exam 4105 for 11 AM on 11/15/14 @ James Madison High School along Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Deuce,

Yeah, I guess I didn't search it properly BUT I appreciate the answer. I come to find after further research that it seems as though guy going in with a CDL have harder time. From what I've read here its because guys go in with the mind set of driving however they were taught for obtaining the CDL and not listening to how the trainer wants you to drive.

I understand how that can be a problem, whatever the case I'm just looking forward to taking the test and YES I've spoken to a friend regarding the BOSS exam. 

Yes your question has been answered Numerous time on this thread and other current Bus Operator Exam's Thread. The BOSS is a Psych test where they're trying to figure out what type of Bus Operator you will probably be. The Questions are multiple choice answers where they ask Personal questions about you and other work ethical related. Believe it or not, A high percentage of people fails it sometimes. Some of the question will be repeated multiple times, but asked and worded differently where your answer must be consistent.

Congrats on your CDL License. Although you have your license, that will not make you skip to an hiring process as soon as possible. Everyone is called in the order of the way the list is establish. So if you are List number 321, List number 320 will be ahead of you. Since Exam 4105 is MaBSTOA Division, You only take the BOSS exam. There's no high score placement. Its either you passed or not. You will or should have received an random list number. Now having your CDL Class BP or A is a good thing when it comes to the final step during the 7-10 day qualification training. You wont have to worry about taking the DMV road test compare to someone who just have their CDL permit only.

Visit other threads for more further details and whats going on. Click links below and it will direct you to the threads.

Bus Operator Exam 2613 (TA) 

Bus Operator Exam 3101 (OA)

Bus Operator Exam 4600 (TA)

Bus Operator Exam 2301 (MTA BUS.)

Deuce,

Yeah, I guess I didn't search it properly BUT I appreciate the answer. I come to find after further research that it seems as though guy going in with a CDL have harder time. From what I've read here its because guys go in with the mind set of driving however they were taught for obtaining the CDL and not listening to how the trainer wants you to drive.

I understand how that can be a problem, whatever the case I'm just looking forward to taking the test and YES I've spoken to a friend regarding the BOSS exam. 

Welcome, Good luck and stay positive

@ young

Not at all.

You and deuce along with others have been very helpful in explaining the employment process. So when it gets started I already know what's going down.

Thank you for the comment...if you have any personal questions, don't hesitate to send a personal message.

received Boss 4105 exam notice although took 4600 boss back in october. does it mean i didn't pass 4600 boss? actually i got 2 exam notices with 2 dates. obv its mta mistake. what number should i call to straight it up? btw my 4105 random # is 54**...)

Edited by blackzima

received Boss 4105 exam notice although took 4600 boss back in october. does it mean i didn't pass 4600 boss? actually i got 2 exam notices with 2 dates. obv its mta mistake. what number should i call to straight it up? btw my 4105 random # is 54**...)

My advise to you is to either:

A) go to the MTA Exam Information Center, located at 180 Livingston Street, in the lobby. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9 AM to 3 PM.

OR

B) E-mail examsunit@nyct.com. From my experience of going through the hiring process with B/O exam 2613, this is the best way to get in contact with them, since HR won't have any information and the exams unit doesn't like taking in phone calls.

Either way, make sure to give them all relevant information (name, SS #, list numbers on both exams, etc.)

Good luck!!

My advise to you is to either:

A) go to the MTA Exam Information Center, located at 180 Livingston Street, in the lobby. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9 AM to 3 PM.

OR

B) E-mail examsunit@nyct.com. From my experience of going through the hiring process with B/O exam 2613, this is the best way to get in contact with them, since HR won't have any information and the exams unit doesn't like taking in phone calls.

Either way, make sure to give them all relevant information (name, SS #, list numbers on both exams, etc.)

Good luck!!

Thanks Young.

I took the 3101 boss survey. I'm also scheduled to take 4105 but haven't recieved any admission notice can anyone tell me why if there are some that already recieved theirs? I was thinking since the BOSS EXAM is good for a year and I took the 3101 November 16,2013 and 4105 is scheduled for November 15,2014. It falls within 1 year. Can someone help me out pls.