MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

54 minutes ago, FatboyNYC said:

do rookies start off doing the graveyard shift?

You'll more than likely start on the Extra List, where you will do something different every day. They will try to keep you either AMs, PMs or on the hawks. But if they need you somewhere, they will schedule you to work as long as you have at least 8 hours in between work.

@LeoSimmy Street parking is available at Zerega but you have to come early around 5-6am to get it. Like @mtawife mentioned, you'll only be reporting to Zerega for the first day and for a few after the 10 day training. 

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mtawife said:

Early hour's n as a courtesy. They're supposed to buy u lunch other then that take good notes write down ur left n Rights most important write landmarks down ish looks very different at night 

Don’t be surprised not all buy you lunch, and as for notes maybe check with the union office before you write down turns. (At least at grand ave they have all turns) I did that then later found out they have all the turns for the routes on paper so wrote it down for nothing lol 

I am in Manhattanville depot day 3 we just finished they say it get easier as of my go on but I can do everything right as I did today & soon as I slip up like today I forgot to cover my right side he wrote me up & bec if that I got a unsatisfactory for what I did on day 1 & 2 other than that today was good. Also when u stand & look at the other drivers doing their thing what ever mistake they make u try not to make the same but been a back seat driver & been in that seat is 2 diff things as soon as u get into the seat u suffer from CRS lol thats when u just start but read the book they give u it will help 

17 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

I am in Manhattanville depot day 3 we just finished they say it get easier as of my go on but I can do everything right as I did today & soon as I slip up like today I forgot to cover my right side he wrote me up & bec if that I got a unsatisfactory for what I did on day 1 & 2 other than that today was good. Also when u stand & look at the other drivers doing their thing what ever mistake they make u try not to make the same but been a back seat driver & been in that seat is 2 diff things as soon as u get into the seat u suffer from CRS lol thats when u just start but read the book they give u it will help 

I wish you luck man. I don't get nervous with people in a car, because I've driven people in car service, and I never had an issue.But its the way the MTA wants you to drive, this is training, this is to help you.  I heard that you have to call out things while your driving like, hazard situations or something within 4 feet of the bus, or something coming up.  

Easy way to get thru training it may sound stupid to some. But it works.  Here's wat u do.  As u r driving talk out loud to the instructor. I'm looking left I'm looking right I'm looking near n far. Forward planning. I c a bike on my Right I see a person on my left. There's A double parking truck up ahead ext.  All this talking let's your instructor know u are aware of ur surroundings. It also reminds you Wat ur supposed to be doing behind the wheel.  Trust me it works. N FYI everyone gets unsatisfactory days 1-3.

Go plead guilty pay the ticket tomorrow collect the receipt take in when u go Wednesday cuz if u don't do that they gonna tell u somthing I am telling u now don't forget to take the receipt when u going they will not process u if u do not pay the ticket & they will take u with 3 point 4 points is maximum 

Tomorrow is day 6 of training & day 6 & 7 go together thanks for the info calling out all I see we pulled numbers who will go first in the morning down town Manhattan am lucky number 1 any knows how down town traffic is early between 630 & 8am? 

Edited by LeoSimmy