MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/12/2018 at 3:25 PM, FatboyNYC said:

went down there today and sure enough i got the drug test done and all the paperwork done! was told i would be called to do medical in 3-90 days. anyone know what medical consist of? would i be doing a full physical down to my drawers or just checking my blood pressure?

can you tell me what the medical consisted of and how long you were there? did they tell you right then if you passed?

4 minutes ago, futureMTA05 said:

can you tell me what the medical consisted of and how long you were there? did they tell you right then if you passed?

got there at 6am so i could be one of the first to be attended, u wait outside until 7am u go upstairs, medical consisted of ekg, eye sight, hearing, blood pressure, urine sample (sugar i believe), after all that they will tell you if u passed, then you go to the social worker there to fill out all the necessary paperwork. i got out of there at 1130

3 hours ago, mtawife said:

Benefits are Aetna $30 pay period for everything union benefits free n union pays for braces up to age 18.  If you r OA u can work in any TA Depot except for queens ie. Qv Casey stengal n Jamaica. It also depends on Wat depot's r available at the Time u pick deport at zerega. U can only change depots during Dec.

Slight correction: Any TA depot except in Queens and Staten Island. If you want to work in either, you have to request a transfer. More than likely, you will start in the other three boros. 

Benefits are free if you don't take the high option. If you take the regular one, you pay the $15 (or applicable) copay on each visit. If you have the high option, it's $30-40 from each check but you don't have any co-pays for the most part. You will receive an explanation of benefits from Aetna that will detail what you can and can't do with your plan. This will also be explained when you're at the union hall for the first time after training. 

Vacations: You accure vacation days during the year in which is usuable in the following year. You get one day per month worked until you reach your first year max of 10 days. (2 weeks). Assuming you start next month, you will accure 9 days (1 week with 4 days left over) on January 1st of 2019.

Now in December, you will pick your vacation which goes by seniority. If there's a slot open for the week you want when it's your time to pick, it's yours. If you have another 5 days, you get to pick a second week. If not, the remainding days you can use to request a day off throughout the year. If you accure less than 5, then you won't be able to pick a week in December, you will only be able to request the days off.

January 2020, you will get your 2 weeks.

@futureMTA05

5 minutes ago, LeoSimmy said:

@FatboyNYC yr hook is spot on & I guess forward planning would put u in that left lane after u make the hook turn to make the next left as she say 

so what are we suppose to do with the oncoming traffic making that turn? do we let them go ahead of us or do we turn in front of them?