MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeoSimmy said:

@mtawife after u do line training & graduation when u go back to the depot u go on the extra list what is that list & what do u do daily when u go at the depot daily while on the extra list?

Extra list are for operators who doesn’t have a fix route and run so the depot place you on a list as a replacement to cover another operator route n run who either calls out from work, goes on vacations or are temporary out of passengers service.

Every day when you’re on duty you will be either doing another operator route n run or be on report. Report is like being on standby where you sit at depot and wait for work or sometimes just sit at the depot for 8 hrs on the clock. 

2 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

@fatbounyc how is yyr train coming? Tomorrow is day 4 right? 

Tomorrow is day 5, its probably the most stressful time in my entire life! I’ve been doing good so far just worried about day 6-7. Hopefully nobody will cut in front of me or me do anything wrong on those days! My stomach has been in a knot for days now lol!

3 hours ago, mtawife said:

Be easy I did 2 n cried after 😂 u will pass day 9

Haha no lie im a grown ass man tearing when she told me!!! I hit the curb turning right on 24 to 3rd ave. I should’ve freakin hooked it.

2 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

After i fail I sat at the back of the bus for 4 hours until lunch 

Same here i had nothing to eat or go to the bathroom, just contemplating if this is really for me! I feel better now with u guys advice!

1 hour ago, FatboyNYC said:

On day 9 do they make you do the hook turn by the fdr and 106 i think????

It's not a definite that they will or will not take you there. However, wherever you go, you'll be setting up each turn individually. A regular L turn may become a hook turn simply because there's a double parked car on the corner. If you're following the turn through and it looks like you're going to hit the curb, move out to the left and then bring it back in. Don't beat yourself up, I was feeling the same way when I failed Day 7. If you made it this far, I'm sure you can make it through. 

On 3/2/2018 at 11:05 AM, Felcel said:

@mtawife will I be disqualified forever or can I attend another pre employment after getting ticket dismissed? Btw, thanks for all the info

You will not be disqualified, however you have to wait 3 years from date ticket was issued NOT convicted to begin the hiring process.

Also if you got the ticket in NYC, there is no point reduction, its either guilty or not guilty.  A lawyer cannot reduce points.  The only thing he can do is postpone the case as many times as he can and hope the officer does not show up.  If its a highway cop, don't waste your money on a lawyer, there testimony is almost impossible to beat especially cellphone tickets.  If its a regular cop you might have a chance with a lawyer.  Ask me how I know??? lol

Hi guys, quick question. I got the bus operator letter for exam 4105. I’m wondering if I’m unable to make it will I be removed off of the list? Or if I sign the letter declining appointment will I be removed or be contacted again at a further time?

6 hours ago, vmbk93 said:

Hi guys, quick question. I got the bus operator letter for exam 4105. I’m wondering if I’m unable to make it will I be removed off of the list? Or if I sign the letter declining appointment will I be removed or be contacted again at a further time?

If you're unable to make it, they will remove you and you would have to reinstate your list number. If you need to be rescheduled, call them up and see what they can do for you. 

7 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

If you're unable to make it, they will remove you and you would have to reinstate your list number. If you need to be rescheduled, call them up and see what they can do for you. 

Thanks! I ended up going today, was able to get the day off. Keeping my options open and in front of me.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:54 PM, mtawife said:

Anybody going to medical this week

Yeah I am,( I go tomorrow I already did the drug test I don’t know why they don’t just have you do the drug and physical at the same time) after the full body physical will I get a start date on the spot? or I will have to wait again and come back to good ole 180 Livingston street lol 

Edited by Mr Marta
Incomplete