MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

41 minutes ago, LeoSimmy said:

@fatbounyc how was yr 9th day tell me some good news man

I qualified brotha!!! I can finally relax!!! Thank you and everyone on here for the advice and motivation!! I’ll keep ya posted on the depo I decide to go to

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well u can always pick I think it' yr end but it' not guaanteed u will get a depot in BK bec of yr seniority. Yr going where the artics bus r & they only have 1 standard line the M31 a senior line hey good luck bro just rem what u were taught we get paid to b late always rem that a friend from my class just went to Tuskegee he got dreads

Day 0 - At Zerega, you fill out 19A paperwork, start your permanent record, sign initial depot transfers if you want to work out of Staten Island or Queens. You will get your depot assignments for Days 1-7, as well as your passes.

First day of orientation they give you your mta id which is a metro card photo id pass. Good for train and bus. If you live in westchester your pass is good for metro north if you live in l.i. ur pass is good for lirr 

Day 1 - Pre-trip inspections, learning the airbrake test, "L" turns, getting to know the bus. (The one freebie day)

Day 2- More "L" turns, hooks and acute turns

Day 3- Bus stops

Day 4 - "EL" pillars, parallel parking and straight line backing

Day 5 - Driving in Upper Manhattan

Day 6 - Driving in Lower Manhattan
There was lots of traffic, definitely, especially on Park. The turn at Union Square definitely is easier than what people make it seem. If you start turning when the bumper gets to that curb (like you're supposed to), you'll clear it real easily. The nose of the bus will go into the right lane but that's supposed to happen. If you are waiting to make that turn and keep crawling up past your reference point or move up because there's cars on the left side of the bus and you're trying to clear them and go through the gap in traffic, you'll will 100% pass the reference point and either luck out because there's nothing parked on the corner or have to 

Day 7 - First qualification day

Day 8 - Re-training day if you have to go to Day 9, otherwise equipment training

Day 9 - Second qualification day in Upper Manhattan

Day 10 - Last qualification day out of Zerega

25 minutes ago, mtawife said:

Day 0 - At Zerega, you fill out 19A paperwork, start your permanent record, sign initial depot transfers if you want to work out of Staten Island or Queens. You will get your depot assignments for Days 1-7, as well as your passes.

First day of orientation they give you your mta id which is a metro card photo id pass. Good for train and bus. If you live in westchester your pass is good for metro north if you live in l.i. ur pass is good for lirr 

Day 1 - Pre-trip inspections, learning the airbrake test, "L" turns, getting to know the bus. (The one freebie day)

Day 2- More "L" turns, hooks and acute turns

Day 3- Bus stops

Day 4 - "EL" pillars, parallel parking and straight line backing

Day 5 - Driving in Upper Manhattan

Day 6 - Driving in Lower Manhattan
There was lots of traffic, definitely, especially on Park. The turn at Union Square definitely is easier than what people make it seem. If you start turning when the bumper gets to that curb (like you're supposed to), you'll clear it real easily. The nose of the bus will go into the right lane but that's supposed to happen. If you are waiting to make that turn and keep crawling up past your reference point or move up because there's cars on the left side of the bus and you're trying to clear them and go through the gap in traffic, you'll will 100% pass the reference point and either luck out because there's nothing parked on the corner or have to 

Day 7 - First qualification day

Day 8 - Re-training day if you have to go to Day 9, otherwise equipment training

Day 9 - Second qualification day in Upper Manhattan

Day 10 - Last qualification day out of Zerega

thank u very much when do i take my finger prints and do i have to pay for them?

I need help guys on what to do and expect:  I was sent home my first day of orentation because  I did not have a tie on (even though I was wearing a short sleeve shirt) they had me and several other ppl sign resignation papers and told us to go back to 180 Livingston street to do the rehiring process this happen on Monday They said to wait until Thursday,I actually went straight to 180 Livingston street from Zenega I spoke to the women that handle my hiring process and gave me my start date,she had me write a letter stating that “I would like to be reconsider for the position again” she told me not to worry they have bus operator classes like every two weeks and that she will put me in the next available class...even though that was good to hear I don’t like to get my hopes up...do anybody know if the information I received was accurate? And would I have to do the whole process over?

*UPDATE* I called HR I was told that I have to wait until they receive my paperwork from MTA (they should have it since it’s thursday and the guy from Zerega told me wait til Thursday to speak to HR) to consider me for the next  available class....do anybody know how long will that take? Is there anything else I need to do? Like reinstate my list number the lady that hire me told me that all my information. Was still in the system ahh man I’m stress...

On 4/4/2018 at 10:00 AM, raeva0711 said:

Did anyone from 2/28 pre employment get called for medical?

One of my friends got called for medical you should have got one as well he will be in the April 16th class  that’s if your talking about the full body medical 

If they're telling you to go thru the process again, you should be fine. They would'nt lie to you. One of the students in my class had resigned before the whole 10 days was complete and was able to come back in another class.

Between December 15th and May 1st, you HAVE to wear a tie with your shirt and as long as you are a student, you have to wear pants. (No shorts)

8 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

If they're telling you to go thru the process again, you should be fine. They would'nt lie to you. One of the students in my class had resigned before the whole 10 days was complete and was able to come back in another class.

Between December 15th and May 1st, you HAVE to wear a tie with your shirt and as long as you are a student, you have to wear pants. (No shorts)

Thank you for responding,do you know how quick he was put in another class? Or Is there a time period that I have to wait to be put in another class?

6 minutes ago, raeva0711 said:

Do you get a phone call & an email when they contact you for the medical?

Yes it will be from Ms.Chestnut when did you take the urine test? They Tell you a week or two but you should receive a call/email in three days to come back for the full body interview...when you go for the full body which is final processing make sure you bring a money order and if you care about how you look in pictures keep in mind you will be taking your photo for the employee metrocard