MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

9 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

I must be in that class I got a call to go to 180 Livingston street for medical  Tuesday  Wow that’s a long wait I was hoping they have a summer class or something  before then 

It all depends. IF they still hiring, the next class will be the 18th since its every other 2 weeks. But lately  I have been seeing plenty of training class at my depot for the past weeks.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/6/2018 at 10:54 AM, DueceDrives said:

It all depends. IF they still hiring, the next class will be the 18th since its every other 2 weeks. But lately  I have been seeing plenty of training class at my depot for the past weeks.

if we are being called for drug testing and employment would that mean there for sure hiring again? I was on medical hold in March got released in April and they just called last week for me to go to do drug test and employment. 

what would next steps be 

2 hours ago, futureMTA05 said:

if we are being called for drug testing and employment would that mean there for sure hiring again? I was on medical hold in March got released in April and they just called last week for me to go to do drug test and employment. 

what would next steps be 

You'll do the drug test again and see the TA doctor to get cleared for work. Then scheduled for final processing and put in a training class. 

3 hours ago, futureMTA05 said:

what would next steps be 

Why were you on medical hold for? 

On 6/8/2018 at 3:22 PM, Miikeyy said:

Why were you on medical hold for? 

my neck circumference was 18" so they sent me for sleep study turns out I had mild sleep apnea, they gave me machine and i have given them 2 months of compliance reports and they took me off hold. in May and just call me back in. WOuld i have to re do medical again ?

19 minutes ago, futureMTA05 said:

my neck circumference was 18" so they sent me for sleep study turns out I had mild sleep apnea, they gave me machine and i have given them 2 months of compliance reports and they took me off hold. in May and just call me back in. WOuld i have to re do medical again ?

Medical and drug test is valid for 90 days so just do the math from the day you took your medical and drug test....when you go to PE again just notify them of your situation and bring the medical documents with you the copy they gave you after doing your physical and drug test 

Recall on June 12th got a email today stating to come in for final processing next week,keep in mind test results only take two days to get back the Next class is July 9th this list is fairly old compare to the conductor list therefore waiting 3-90 days is not likely because they are already at the bottom of the list 

27 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Recall on June 12th got a email today stating to come in for final processing next week,keep in mind test results only take two days to get back the Next class is July 9th this list is fairly old compare to the conductor list therefore waiting 3-90 days is not likely because they are already at the bottom of the list 

So you were there on Tuesday for drug test and you got the email today to go on for medical? 

50 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

i was there as well on 12th but didnt get drug test till about 2:00pm. 

1 minute ago, futureMTA05 said:

The earlier you are the quicker you leave but that’s nothing wait until you go back for final processing (which is full body medical where They Check your hearing vision and weight) the wait is so much longer up to the point they close 

On 6/14/2018 at 2:03 PM, Mr Marta said:

On 6/14/2018 at 1:59 PM, futureMTA05 said:

On 6/14/2018 at 1:58 PM, Mr Marta said:

So you were there on Tuesday for drug test and you got the email today to go on for medical? 

Update guys:did you get a email to come back for medical yet? If not it’s because they send them out in list# order so if you were a recall or on medical hold you have to wait until they reach you in that order 

30 minutes ago, raeva0711 said:

Thanks for the update. Called yesterday list number is still 6127

Oh no I was referring to the people thats already in the pre employment process (came to 180 Livingston street took a drug test and now waiting to get a email for final processing/full body medical) 

3 hours ago, futureMTA05 said:

Does anyone have information as to once you pass training do you work weekends nights etc right from start?

Unless you start before a pick starts (and can then pick your work), you'll be on the extra list. More than likely, your days off will be during the week. Time of day work depends on the particular slot but work on the list is assigned in report time order. So slot 1 would get the first open job, slot 2 gets the second and so forth. 

You can be towards the bottom (in the "PM" slots) of the list and still be assigned an AM report, as long as you have 8 hours in between work.