MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

2 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

Take unpaid time off I told them I had family emergency I needed 2 weeks unpaid time off & the give me it once it was unpaid they were ok with it

Got rent and bills to pay and I have very few benefits at my job. Not sure they'll let me but will see.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap, just got a call for preemployment next Wed. This, after I went in today to see what's up, was told there wasn't a class, gave them my contact info and was told they would call when there was one, and now 10 mins ago, the call came. Problem is, IDK if in my job, I could take a leave of absence for training, in case I do fail.

2 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Holy crap, just got a call for preemployment next Wed. This, after I went in today to see what's up, was told there wasn't a class, gave them my contact info and was told they would call when there was one, and now 10 mins ago, the call came. Problem is, IDK if in my job, I could take a leave of absence for training, in case I do fail.

You will only fail if you dont listen and execute everything on point.

Do you have your CDL?... Have you operated a 40 ft bus or larger size vehicle before?

Just now, DueceDrives said:

You will only fail if you dont listen and execute everything on point.

Do you have your CDL?... Have you operated a 40 ft bus or larger size vehicle before?

No but I've driven a Uhaul truck and a UPS before. Don't have the license just the permit. Willing to listen to whatever they tell me to do and try my best.

Finished pre-employment drug test today. Mostly went well. But one thing has become apparent to me--some of the people who work at 180 Livingston def are not the nicest people. The lady who administered my drug test comes to mind. Seems I may have to really assert myself at times when I join Transit. But will see what happens.

12 minutes ago, LeoSimmy said:

Good luck. The people at Livingston st are like that & you have to have to be on time once you come to work on time yr good you must have that discipline good luck with yr training. What exam did they call you for 4105?

Yes 4105. It's funny-the guy up front was happy I knew my exam and list no by heart. Apparently many who come to Livingston don't 

47 minutes ago, LeoSimmy said:

I always taught they call in order as yr list # but it dont look that way. If yr list # is 100 to 120 not to worry once you qualify when come time to pick a depot you gonna b no 1 first to pick depot so pick wisely.

Even though I didn't take the preemployment last yr Id be first to pick?

You have a low list # 100 to 120 & if all your other classmates got list number higher than yrs well you will be first to pick a depot but mind they could have some one who got a low list number than you in yr class then you wont be first to pick but it's all good you will still get a depot you want. No matter if yr pre employment pass last yr you will still have that option to pick first bec yr number low good luck 

Apparently they call randomly i dont know I called one yr ago & they told me they call you in order how u score on the exam or it could be if some one has a pending ticket in court the case has to be done b4 u can b processed then your list # go back in the system until ye case is done & they call you back 

Just realized something about giving my current employer two weeks' notice. When I pass the 7-10 day training (which I'm telling myself I will), I go straight to line training, right? That means if I leave for the initial training, and when I pass, I wouldn't be able to really give two weeks notice anyways. So in coming up with an excuse to leave, I pretty much am leaving completely. I hope I make sense.