MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is your liscence still suspended @drewmania?

Oh nah that was in 2015. 2 years ago. I drive for UPS so i mean i know my license is good enough for them to put me behind the wheel but MTA probably has a completely different standard all together.

Same with me. I had a suspension that I cleared for failure to answer a summons in may 2015 but they didn't say that was a problem. I went last week but the only problem was that I have 5 points from a ticket I got June 24 2014 so I gotta wait til June 24 next month when it makes 3 years since the date I got the ticket. And also u can't have any pending moving violations. No more than 4 points on your license.

Same with me. I had a suspension that I cleared for failure to answer a summons in may 2015 but they didn't say that was a problem. I went last week but the only problem was that I have 5 points from a ticket I got June 24 2014 so I gotta wait til June 24 next month when it makes 3 years since the date I got the ticket. And also u can't have any pending moving violations. No more than 4 points on your license.

Thank you for the information truly. That puts me at ease then. I thought that was gonna come back to bite me. And all I was gonna say "DAMN YOU STATE-FARM".

Edited by DrewMania

Does it have to be 3 years since the ticket or just up until the points come off ?

Points don't affect your point count after 18 months but it stays on your abstract for 3 years. And it counts from the day you got the ticket not the day you were convicted and paid. @hope27. But if you have 4 points or less on your abstract your good. So after my points clears and makes 3 years on June 24 , I have a pending ticket for 3 points which I'm jus gonna go online and change my plea to guilty and pay. Originally I plead not guilty online and had a court date in September. I'm jus gonna go back online and you can change your plea to guilty. I'm jus gonna take the 3 points.

Yeah you have to wait til 3 years from august for them to not count it. What did they say when you went your first day?

Let me see if i can understand completely so you want 3 years as long as if you don't have over 4 points on your license then your good. Is that what your really saying?!

And if so i say to those try and go take a defensive driving course that may help mask them if so.

Let me see if i can understand completely so you want 3 years as long as if you don't have over 4 points on your license then your good. Is that what your really saying?!

And if so i say to those try and go take a defensive driving course that may help mask them if so.

The answer to the first part is correct. As far as the second part, that is not going to help in this case. That will also appear on your abstract, but will not physically remove the points. Sorry...

Edited by +Young+
Clarification...

The answer to the first part is correct. As far as the second part, that is not going to help in this case. That will also appear on your abstract, but will not physically remove the points. Sorry...

Ohk glad that's a understanding.... info like this helps others. I don't have any points but just this alone could help another...

Points don't affect your point count after 18 months but it stays on your abstract for 3 years. And it counts from the day you got the ticket not the day you were convicted and paid. @hope27. But if you have 4 points or less on your abstract your good. So after my points clears and makes 3 years on June 24 , I have a pending ticket for 3 points which I'm jus gonna go online and change my plea to guilty and pay. Originally I plead not guilty online and had a court date in September. I'm jus gonna go back online and you can change your plea to guilty. I'm jus gonna take the 3 points.

This is great information Tdolcy. I got a bullshit 4 points on my abstract and took defensive driving. I was under the impression that points would disappear in 18 mos when you take defensive driving and the DMV knows when you take the defensive driving class. But this info very useful.