MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

So the points coming off your license in a year and a half means nothing? You have to wait until it's completely off of your abstract ?

So, If you have 6 points, you have to wait until 2 come off, leaving you with 4 points. 

===========================================================================

Again, addressing anyone who happens on this post:

You can only have four points on your driver's license. Nothing more. As has been stated on these forums since their inception, DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSES FOR POINT REDUCTIONS MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR MTA HIRING PURPOSES ... You must disclose all traffic offenses (excluding parking) for the past three years, even out of state (I believe the MTA will "translate" the out of state violations into NYS points for hiring purposes by way of NYS Article 19A formalities), failure to disclose these or any (refer to MTA or your attorney for sealed, juvenile matters, appealed convictions, military convictions, governor/presidential pardons, foreign convictions etc.) violations or convictions or undisclosed pending matters will result in immediate termination... 

Edited by 161NewYork

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to share some insight and statistics from the May 15 class (OA/BC Trainees).

49 out of 72 students made it through the training with 29 students making it on Day 7. In our class permit holders didn't receive any road test prep for the most part besides a few students who will receive it due to failing their 1st road test and retesting sometime next week.

Just some insight on the training it's very fast paced and some instructors will be tough but you have to give them what they want in order to pass. The training was overwhelming and in my group of 4 only 2 made it. Definitely coming in with the CDL if possible is the best way to go.

Mabstoa 4105 applicants with list numbers above 5000 in my class were given part time MTA Bus positions in the meantime until they’re list number is reached. The next class with TA trainees will be on June 12.

Below were our depot picks for our class.

Manhattanville 1
Mother Clara Hale 2
Kingsbridge 4

West Farms 10
East New York 6
Grand 8
Gleason 2

The rest of the students were MTA Bus.

Spring Creek, JFK and College Point.

@ stacks27. U said the next training class is mine 12th. Is that mabstoa or transit

Mta

Mta

I'm ready with my paper work I called Thursday to go for drug test n the nasty chick said they r NOT hiring for mabstoa right now

@ stacks27. U said the next training class is mine 12th. Is that mabstoa or transit

Mta

Mta

I'm ready with my paper work I called Thursday to go for drug test n the nasty chick said they r NOT hiring for mabstoa right now

He said "with TA Trainees" so that means NYC Transit, respectively.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh they having one of those summer break periods. I've read that on other forums and treads they usually have a stoppage during the July, August months. Hey look at it this way it'll give you some time to actually enjoy your summer a bit before you don't have one for a few years.

I have now since you mention it. That is bananas. 

Here's the link for those wondering. It was a female who they said was only on the job for a week damn. Not a good look at all for her and MTA. Plus someone was injured as well and 6 cars danger... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...