MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

17 minutes ago, LeoSimmy said:

Thank you my number is in the 4500 to 4600. Do you know if they call you in order or randomly?

To my knowledge they suppose to call you in order. It’s kind of strange though because when I called last week, I called twice and spoke to 2 different people. One said 3400 and the other said they were up to 3600

Edited by JJnyc

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, JJnyc said:

To my knowledge they suppose to call you in order. It’s kind of strange though because when I called last week, I called twice and spoke to 2 different people. One said 3400 and the other said they were up to 3600

2 weeks ago I called they were at 3672 last Friday I called back the lady said 3000 but I know they were at 3672 for about 3 months now because I have been calling. Why I ask if you knew how they call bec to me I know they call in order so after you got called before me make me wounder.

30 minutes ago, LeoSimmy said:

2 weeks ago I called they were at 3672 last Friday I called back the lady said 3000 but I know they were at 3672 for about 3 months now because I have been calling. Why I ask if you knew how they call bec to me I know they call in order so after you got called before me make me wounder.

I haven’t been called yet

7 hours ago, JJnyc said:

I also failed  the training recently but when I called they said that I was still in the running for B/O 4105. Do you think that 5 year rule only pertains to those that didn’t apply for other past exams? 

It applies to those who have or have not applied for other examinations, regardless if it's for NYC Transit, MaBSTOA or MTA Bus Company, since it's all under the MTA.

3 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

Yep go see what they say don't make a decision let them tell you.

That's what I did last summer when I got a notice in the mail informing me to report to Livingston Street last summer for a part-time position with MTA Bus Company. I asked the lady at the counter about the 5-year rule and, after confirming with her supervisor, she told me that such a rule does exist and, if I did take the drug test and physical and go for final processing, the first day I would have reported to Zerega was when they would stop me. Therefore, right there and then, I declined the offer and left, since I knew it would be a waste of time.

Therefore it's up to you. If you do go, I would definitely ask the representatives at Livingston Street about this, since the drug tests, physical, final processing, etc. would be a waste of time and money...

32 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

It applies to those who have or have not applied for other examinations, regardless if it's for NYC Transit, MaBSTOA or MTA Bus Company, since it's all under the MTA.

That's what I did last summer when I got a notice in the mail informing me to report to Livingston Street last summer for a part-time position with MTA Bus Company. I asked the lady at the counter about the 5-year rule and, after confirming with her supervisor, she told me that such a rule does exist and, if I did take the drug test and physical and go for final processing, the first day I would have reported to Zerega was when they would stop me. Therefore, right there and then, I declined the offer and left, since I knew it would be a waste of time.

Therefore it's up to you. If you do go, I would definitely ask the representatives at Livingston Street about this, since the drug tests, physical, final processing, etc. would be a waste of time and money...

Thank you for your feedback. I had the hopes for a second chance. Especially considering that I paid for the B/O # 4105 application process and passed the Boss test. Failing the 10 day training earlier this month  was devasting.

Does the Mta mail you letter detailing your resignation? Also do they contact you after 5 years for possible work opportunities or do you have to apply for another exam and do the whole process again?

Thank you,

31 minutes ago, JJnyc said:

Failing the 10 day training earlier this month  was devasting.

Does the Mta mail you letter detailing your resignation? Also do they contact you after 5 years for possible work opportunities or do you have to apply for another exam and do the whole process again?

Thank you,

Tell me about it, I was personally crying for at least two days.

The only thing the MTA will mail you are your two paychecks and your W2. As far as a letter detailing your resignation, you get that from Zerega when you surrendered your pass. They do not contact you after 5 years for another opportunity. You have to apply for another exam and do the entire process over again.

Welcome to life my friend...

31 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Tell me about it, I was personally crying for at least two days.

The only thing the MTA will mail you are your two paychecks and your W2. As far as a letter detailing your resignation, you get that from Zerega when you surrendered your pass. They do not contact you after 5 years for another opportunity. You have to apply for another exam and do the entire process over again.

Welcome to life my friend...

Bro Im still up in tears, and it’s been 2 weeks since I failed. Well thanks again man for taking the time to respond. Kudos!

19 hours ago, JJnyc said:

Bro Im still up in tears, and it’s been 2 weeks since I failed. Well thanks again man for taking the time to respond. Kudos!

You're most welcome...I don't recall being in tears for that long since I was able to return to my previous job. Offhand, do you have your CDL? If so, do you think you want to try again in 5 years? If so, are you looking for experience? If so, refer to this thread for some ideas, depending on what your current employment status is.

I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Just remember: Stay Strong!! Don't let this negative incident affect your future!!

Forget what u know about driving let ur pride go don't take anything personal trust the instructor watch everything everyone does learn from there mistakes correct yesterday's mistakes n don't make them tomorrow. Don't beat urself up just focus n pray. Get enough knowledge during the 10 days the rest Will cone when ur on ur own.  During line training right out ur directions n very important write landmarks down (ie)  turn Right at McDonald's etc.  Shit looks different at night. Other then that it's a breeze. 

Pay attention and don't make the same mistakes that your classmates are making in the same day, especially if you drive after them. Read your instruction manual every day, if you have any questions ask them. When in doubt, ask!

You know your pre-trip and brake test which is good but your instructor and the manual will let you know specifically what you need to do and point out during each.

Also, eat and get some sleep. Makes the days a lot more easier.

I got my letter today. I am concerned about a minor thing happened to me a few years ago I hit some one mirror off their car the car was parked a police report was made & also I was training with NICE bus but got dropped from the training I wounder if any of these two thing gonna prevent me from going forward.

5 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

I got my letter today. I am concerned about a minor thing happened to me a few years ago I hit some one mirror off their car the car was parked a police report was made & also I was training with NICE bus but got dropped from the training I wounder if any of these two thing gonna prevent me from going forward.

You should be good....... 

16 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

As long as you don't have more than two [2] accidents, whether you were at-fault or not, you should be fine. As far as getting dropped from NICE bus training, that's not going to affect you. As long as you're honest with the paperwork that you hand in to Livingston Street, you should be fine.