Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
BusOperator3319

MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

Recommended Posts

@mtawife they told me report to Jamaica depot Monday 830 then they gonna take us Zerega can u tell me what we gonna b doing at Zerega & when do I get a pick of a depot or can u tell me the process I will go through now I qualified?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

@mtawife they told me report to Jamaica depot Monday 830 then they gonna take us Zerega can u tell me what we gonna b doing at Zerega & when do I get a pick of a depot or can u tell me the process I will go through now I qualified?

You will be doing equipment training on the other local bus models and picking up the rest of your class that qualifies on Day 10.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

You will be doing equipment training on the other local bus models and picking up the rest of your class that qualifies on Day 10.

 

i went through that thread and holy crap it looks confusing!! how long after you started did you start to get the hang of things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FatboyNYC said:

i went through that thread and holy crap it looks confusing!! how long after you started did you start to get the hang of things?

About the 4th-5th month in. I was on the extra list from September - December and then picked a run in January so I was able to get some routine going once I understood everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about 19A Medical every year when a drivers 19A medical expire when working with MTA who is responsible for renewing the Medical for DMV the driver or MTA do it & send a copy to DMV 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 8:47 PM, LeoSimmy said:

Question about 19A Medical every year when a drivers 19A medical expire when working with MTA who is responsible for renewing the Medical for DMV the driver or MTA do it & send a copy to DMV 

Before your DOT medical is up, you'll talk to the general dispatcher to schedule a trip to the MAC. They will perform the medical and get you certified again and from there, you'll submit the updated paperwork at DMV. 

The first time you'll go, you can ask the doctors at MAC if they can schedule your DOT medical at the same time as your TA medical (there's a diff), so that they line up and you can get both out the way. Also, anytime you do something at DMV with your license, (medical cert., restrictions, etc.) bring the receipt back to the general and you'll get reimbursed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@fatbounyc for get everything know abt driving as u going into training listen to yr instructor ask questions ask again if u don' understand that' what they r there for take it 1 day at a time & good luck my brother who is yr supt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

@fatbounyc how was yr first day?

i got supt searight, it was alot to take in, from pretrip inspections to L turn. gotta remember the pivot points! its just overwhelming! we have off tomorrow due to the snow storm and we making up for it on saturday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the supt give u a book let with the pre trip read it also read that student book they give u yesterday day to day what u gonna b doing day 1 day 2 etc so that way u will get a idea what u will b doing the next day u & yr class mates work as a group I never like driving first look what yr class mates doing wrong & don'  make that mistake we have tomorrow off also & working Saturday today we went union hall Thursday we back at Zerega pick out depot man I hope I get a depot in BK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I’m in the pre employment process this will be my second time going back to 180 Livingston street (my first time I was put on hold because I needed to transfer my GA CDL CLASS B TO A NYS CDL CLASS B) my question is will I have to come back here a third time because of a “E” restriction? (E restriction= can’t operate manual CMV) on my class b CDL license? I know the form say “No restrictions” but I figured that shouldn’t be a problem since no MTA buses are stick shift I don’t even know how I have “E” restriction since I had my CDL since 2012 and took my road test before the the whole rule change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We picked our depot today I was hoping for BK but not much space was available so I ended up in Manhattan Ville Depot same depot I did my first 7 days training. Does any 1 know how many routes that have in Manhattan Ville Depot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mr Marta said:

Hey guys I’m in the pre employment process this will be my second time going back to 180 Livingston street (my first time I was put on hold because I needed to transfer my GA CDL CLASS B TO A NYS CDL CLASS B) my question is will I have to come back here a third time because of a “E” restriction? (E restriction= can’t operate manual CMV) on my class b CDL license? I know the form say “No restrictions” but I figured that shouldn’t be a problem since no MTA buses are stick shift I don’t even know how I have “E” restriction since I had my CDL since 2012 and took my road test before the the whole rule change

As for the E restriction, that is no problem. A minimum, Class B with air brakes and P, passenger endorsement is fine. You can even get an A3 restriction (which I have and for NY only), which exempts you from needing a DOT medical card.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

We picked our depot today I was hoping for BK but not much space was available so I ended up in Manhattan Ville Depot same depot I did my first 7 days training. Does any 1 know how many routes that have in Manhattan Ville Depot?

What depot they had in Brooklyn open?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LeoSimmy said:

They had Flatbush, fresh ponds, ulmer park & Jackie Gleason but the spots were few 

Oh ok.... reason I ask is just to see how many spots my depot had open. The more operators that comes in the depot, the higher you moved up in seniority....

 

You can come to Brooklyn during the General system pick in December....That’s the only time you can pick out of a depot within your title agency division (TA,OA). But good luck and remember to think safe and enjoy the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

It was either the BX or Manhattan for me so I end up picking the depot where I did my first 7 day training 

are u oa or ta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.