MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

Just realized something about giving my current employer two weeks' notice. When I pass the 7-10 day training (which I'm telling myself I will), I go straight to line training, right? That means if I leave for the initial training, and when I pass, I wouldn't be able to really give two weeks notice anyways. So in coming up with an excuse to leave, I pretty much am leaving completely. I hope I make sense.

Did they give you a class date .. make sure you do your medical before giving your 2 weeks 

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2018 at 8:16 PM, MarkGuy said:

No just did drug test wed. Waiting on email for medical.

I would advise not to quit your current employer as of yet. Its best to give in your two weeks notice after you qualified the 7-10 day training. If you have vacation time, sick time or leave of absence, use them instead. 

I want everyone who is trying to get onboard with this job to know that its not as simple as it may sound. Only the best of the best will make it. So always keep your options open and if this is your dream career, to be ready for the challenges. 

Just now, DueceDrives said:

I would advise not to quit your current employer as of yet. Its best to give in your two weeks notice after you qualified the 7-10 day training. If you have vacation time, sick time or leave of absence, use them instead. 

I want everyone who is trying to get onboard with this job to know that its not as simple as it may sound. Only the best of the best will make it. So always keep your options open and if this is your dream career, to be ready for the challenges. 

I don't have those options at my job now, unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Besides dont you immediately go to line training after the 7-10 day training? 

A few days later.

Day 11 You have to go to orientation with the union department located downtown Brooklyn. 

If I can remember on day 12 you will be back at Zerega for final paper works , watch videos on sexual harassments and pick depots that you will be working at for the rest of the year.

Edited by DueceDrives

Just now, DueceDrives said:

A few days later. You have to go to orientation with the union department located downtown Brooklyn. 

If I can remember on day 13 you will be back at Zerega for final paper works , videos on sexual harassments and pick depots that you will be working at for the rest of the year.

In that case I won't even have a chance to give two weeks notice then.

Just now, MarkGuy said:

In that case I won't even have a chance to give two weeks notice then.

Yeah..... To be honest once you qualify you can go ahead do what you have to do with your old employer. 

I already had my resignation letter prepared and ready to be summitted. I took 2 weeks off using my vacation time during the 7-10 training. I still have memories 🤨

25 minutes ago, DueceDrives said:

Yeah..... To be honest once you qualify you can go ahead do what you have to do with your old employer. 

I already had my resignation letter prepared and ready to be summitted. I took 2 weeks off using my vacation time during the 7-10 training. I still have memories 🤨

Its a risk ill have to take. If something unfavorable happens, least i have a great list no for the 2017 t/o exam.

So I called Ms. Chestnut to follow up today. She said a letter will be sent to me sometime within the next two weeks but didn't know what it said. After I took the drug test sept 5, the Lady at Livingston, however, said a response would be emailed to me. I hope this isn't a bad omen.

So I called Ms. Chestnut to follow up today. She said a letter will be sent to me sometime within the next two weeks but didn't know what it said. After I took the drug test sept 5, the Lady at Livingston, however, said a response would be emailed to me. I hope this isn't a bad omen.

When you initially go in for your pre-employment drug test, the majority of the time the HR Office has no clue as far as who they're interacting with.

However, from what Ms. Chestnut said, it sounds like you would be getting a 1-in-3 letter in the mail, which would basically disqualify you from this position. Offhand, have you ever worked for the MTA in the past, in which you didn't make it past training and/or your probationary year?

11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

When you initially go in for your pre-employment drug test, the majority of the time the HR Office has no clue as far as who they're interacting with.

However, from what Ms. Chestnut said, it sounds like you would be getting a 1-in-3 letter in the mail, which would basically disqualify you from this position. Offhand, have you ever worked for the MTA in the past, in which you didn't make it past training and/or your probationary year?

I've never worked for transit in any capacity.

11 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I mean, a low list no for train op.

Markguy dont worry your good to go the only reason you havent got called is because the sept 17 class was full and your drug test didnt come in ontime for them to sched a medical.. the next class is 2 weeks from today which is oct 1 but its not a gauranteed date yet they usually make it official about a week and days before the date of the class.. when the make the oct 1 date official you will get an email or call to go for medical and that same day they will give you your class date.. dont worry your good to go.

25 minutes ago, Tko said:

Markguy dont worry your good to go the only reason you havent got called is because the sept 17 class was full and your drug test didnt come in ontime for them to sched a medical.. the next class is 2 weeks from today which is oct 1 but its not a gauranteed date yet they usually make it official about a week and days before the date of the class.. when the make the oct 1 date official you will get an email or call to go for medical and that same day they will give you your class date.. dont worry your good to go.

So the letter im getting will be for medical? Do they send letters for that?

11 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

So the letter im getting will be for medical? Do they send letters for that?

its very rare that they send you a letter 90% of the time they will email or call.. when you call them just ask when is the next OA class and that the date you will attend the class.. so a couple of days before that date you will recieve an email to go down for the medical. 

1 hour ago, Tko said:

its very rare that they send you a letter 90% of the time they will email or call.. when you call them just ask when is the next OA class and that the date you will attend the class.. so a couple of days before that date you will recieve an email to go down for the medical. 

But that's the thing. I was told to look for an email after drug test. But now im told Im getting a letter in the mail? Idk what that means.

16 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I called Ms. Rivera, and she indeed confirmed my suspicions. The letter will apparently tell me I am no longer being considered for the position. So I basically wasted all my time and money on this process...lovely. 

I called Ms. Rivera, and she indeed confirmed my suspicions. The letter will apparently tell me I am no longer being considered for the position. So I basically wasted all my time and money on this process...lovely. 

Wow?....... Don’t judge what Ms.Rivera states and just wait.