MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

31 minutes ago, Felcel said:

I was invited for pre employment but was denied because I had a pending ticket. I got the ticket January 2016 but was found guilty September 2018. If I am not mistaking the points will disappear after 36 months from the ticket being issued meaning January 2019. Can anyone please correct me if I'm wrong?! Any feed back will be grateful. Thanks

Months start counting from the date you was found guilty...what kind of ticket was it? One ticket should not get you denied unless you already had one then 4 points on your license 

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ughhhhh. It was a cellphone ticket which is 5 points. I know the points count after being found guilty for insurance purposes but I heard they dont count for dmv purposes after 18-36 months. I'm not 100% sure though. Thanks for you're reply anyway.

1 hour ago, Felcel said:

Ughhhhh. It was a cellphone ticket which is 5 points. I know the points count after being found guilty for insurance purposes but I heard they dont count for dmv purposes after 18-36 months. I'm not 100% sure though. Thanks for you're reply anyway.

Don’t listen to that person I was in the same situation and I’m now a operator. The ticket will show on your abstract but MTa themselves don’t count it if it’s 3 years or more from the date you received the ticket not the date you were convicted. So you will be good Jan 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Earlier today, I was on the 5th Floor of 180 Livingston Street attending the pre-employment for this exam (My list number is in between 4,100 and 4,200). From overhearing one of the personnel, it seems as if they are only seeing MaBSTOA candidates this week, especially those who missed their prior appointment date for whatever reason. With that said, I have a feeling that the next class, whenever it takes place, will be a MaBSTOA class only.

I'll keep you folks posted...

I went to 180 Livingston street today for my medical but as I was filling out some paperwork they told me the (Mabstoa) bus operator position is on hold due to Gov. Cuomo cancelling the L train shutdown. I guess the next class will be working in lower Manhattan. 

14 hours ago, Felcel said:

@Baron do you know how often a new class start?

If they need people, they will have a new class every two weeks, such as January 21st, February 4th, February 18th, etc.

However, as it is stated below, everything is on hold due to the cancellation of the (L) train shutdown as per this press release.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:09 PM, Baron said:

...As I was filling out some paperwork they told me the (Mabstoa) bus operator position is on hold due to Gov. Cuomo cancelling the L train shutdown.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:43 PM, Felcel said:

If I put my name back on the list. Do you have an estimate of how long it will take for them to call me back?

"Technically" it is when they have vacancies available. However, if I had to take an estimated guess of how long this will take, I would say at least two months - maybe three.

Edited by +Young+
Update...

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, FerdC234 said:

Hey, took started my preemployment 12/27/18 and passed, took my medical and second drug test on 1/16/19 anybody have any updates on when to expect another call, or the next starting class. I also read that their is a hold any information on that?

There*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Baron said:

Just got a call to come back in for drug testing on the 18th. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the medical exam is good for up to 90 days. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Yea I got a call back to come do the drug test on the 18th. I also did my medical already. I asked about that and Ms.Chestnut said it takes 90 days.

15 minutes ago, FerdC234 said:

Yea I got a call back to come do the drug test on the 18th. I also did my medical already. I asked about that and Ms.Chestnut said it takes 90 days.

Perfect! So this should be it. Then training after.