MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can a person apply for the MTA and MaBSTOA when the exam is available?

Yes, you can apply as many exam you want. Each application you apply will go through the same process. Both MaBSTOA and MTA Bus takes only one exam which is the BOSS. You are given a Random list number and if you pass the BOSS, you will be called in the order by your random list number.

If you apply for NYCT whis is TA, since that title is Civil Service. You are given a competitive written exam first. And if you pass the written exam with at least a passing score of 70, you will then have to take the Boss in order to receive a list number. Higher your score, the lower your list number.

How make do bus operator make & does it increase when probation is done?

This is from the application.

SALARY AND BENEFITS: The current appointment rate is $20.9675 per hour for a 40-hour work week, with increments

to $29.9550 per hour after three years. This rate is subject to change. In addition, incumbents receive night and

weekend differentials, paid holidays, vacations and sick leave, a comprehensive health plan, and a pension plan.

And no after probation, theres no pay raise.

Also the MTA Bus agency pays less then NYCT/MaBSTOA operators.

• 2 months later...

Anyone get their results yet?

Thank you for contacting the MTA NYCT Exams Unit.

The official Notice of Results for MaBSTOA - Bus Operator, Exam No. 4105 will not be mailed to candidates until the list is established.  This may take between 12-18 months or longer from the time the test was taken.  However, when the list is established, it is good for four (4) years.  Currently, the list has not yet been established.

Thank you, Exams

m

From what I read on the MTA site it said to give atleast four months after taking the test for results...from then on will be another waiting game...

When I initially asked I was told that results would be out/mailed between February and March... Then I got that email and I was like WOW..ok I guess I"m not in the "know" and information that I've been getting is twisted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I just got an email from MTA Broadcast about this which states that:

"From Exam Administration

This is the M T A calling to inform you that we are still processing the results for MaBSTOA Bus Operator, Exam No. 4 1 0 5. We expect that the eligible list for this exam will be established in approximately 9 months. We will send you a Notice of Result letter by mail once the list is established."

• 4 weeks later...

anyone know a number where i can call for my score? i have yet to receive my results letter, i did get the call about 9 months waiting thing. just wanting to know what i scored would be great.

Hey FatboyNYC,

4105 Exam was a Personnel Select Test. There's no actual score for these type of test. Its either you passed or failed the BOSS. But as soon they start gathering all the candidates who actually passed the BOSS, they will mail you home a  congrats letter stating that you passed the BOSS..

Hey FatboyNYC,

4105 Exam was a Personnel Select Test. There's no actual score for these type of test. Its either you passed or failed the BOSS. But as soon they start gathering all the candidates who actually passed the BOSS, they will mail you home a  congrats letter stating that you passed the BOSS..

I agree, unlike B/O 2613, 4600 and the Track Worker 3600, this was not a civil service examination, therefore there is no phone number which you can call. It's just a matter of being patient and waiting...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys im new here fresh today. Just wondering if im reading right here, I took the BOSS. Then I got the letter saying something about 9 months waiting. got this letter in I think feb-march. So according to what i have read is it safe to say that i am in and that i just have to wait till my random num is called? Or do i just wait to be called to tell me that i didnt qualify or to get rejected for whatever reason. And what is the purpose of the random number. Thx