MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So has anyone heard anything yet.? I'm itching over herer lol. They said first quarter.

I'm starting to believe that this test was a fund raiser... waited to hear from these people for 7 years JUST to take an exam, collected all my test fee's. Now I finally get called and the results have some how been buried with Jimmy Hoffa? LOL.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Lmao yeah I'm starting to think the same thing. Got a letter saying first quarter 2016 and so far nothing. Smh kinda frustrating.

Nah, it's coming they are just working off the last list.....etc. Just took the Conductor exam, someone was telling me to know military time and landmarks and none of that was on the test LOL basic reading comprehension. Then they said bring a calculator and on the test it says if you have a calculator you'll be disqualified YET no questions required a calculator.... hilarious

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just got my letter in the mail from 180 Livingston Street, with my random list # being 419* (anywhere from 4190 to 4199)...

If I have to take an educated guess, since I have to wait two [2] & 1/2 more years to try again for B/O exam 4600 (since I tried in 2014 and failed), i will probably go ahead with that list compared to this one. However, time will only tell...

i got my letter in the mail today saying i successfully completed the survey. my list # is 50## (is that to high of a list number?) from what I'm reading they select people in random order? can anyone explain what goes on next?

Edited by FatboyNYC

i got my letter in the mail today saying i successfully completed the survey. my list # is 50## (is that to high of a list number?) from what I'm reading they select people in random order? can anyone explain what goes on next?

So the agency has already chosen a random number for all of the candidates. This random number is your list number.

As far as what goes on next: As Bus Operator vacancies within MaBSTOA occur, they will start calling people off the list in order by their number. The process is, if not the same, very similar to the hiring process for NYC Transit: A drug (urine) test, followed by medical, then the 10-day training session out of Zerega. If you're successful with all of this, then congrats!!

In regards to whether your list # of 50** is too high: According to this MTA page, the list for that exam was established in February of 2014, and according to the chart at the top of this page, they have gone through approximately 8,300 candidates in 30 months, which is about 276 to 277 people per month (estimate). Therefore, if they continue to process applicants at the same rate, and if your list number is 5099, you will be called in approximately 18 months.

You just need patience. That's all...

Edited by +Young+
Additional Information...

So the agency has already chosen a random number for all of the candidates. This random number is your list number.

As far as what goes on next: As Bus Operator vacancies within MaBSTOA occur, they will start calling people off the list in order by their number. The process is, if not the same, very similar to the hiring process for NYC Transit: A drug (urine) test, followed by medical, then the 10-day training session out of Zerega. If you're successful with all of this, then congrats!!

In regards to whether your list # of 50** is too high: According to this MTA page, the list for that exam was established in February of 2014, and according to the chart at the top of this page, they have gone through approximately 8,300 candidates in 30 months, which is about 276 to 277 people per month (estimate). Therefore, if they continue to process applicants at the same rate, and if your list number is 5099, you will be called in approximately 18 months.

You just need patience. That's all...

Thanks for the info! 

I received a speeding ticket last week. I was called for Mta bus driver position the other day. Would they hire me with a pending ticket over the speed limit by 14 miles?

Hi Ramsay - Did you get called for OA 3101, TA 4600 or did you receive a letter for OA 4105? What was your approximate list number (example 899 = 89X or (between 85X - 89X) ? When did you receive the letter to be called? 

The answer to your question as I had started the process initially:

Will they hire you? No, they wanted all pending tickets/matters resolved.

If you have more than four points - then you won't be hired until those points go away. Defensive driving does NOT count towards MTA hiring purposes.

Obviously, please confirm with MTA as information is subject to change. They will let you know when you report for the drug test. If not, then you will have an opportunity to reinstate when points go away (if this is for TA) OA & BC may have a separate hiring process!

Edited by 161NewYork

I received a letter Saturday to report on Friday the 23rd for OA 4105. The ticket isn't in the system yet. I was going to fight it. So you don't think they would hire me. I haven't been convicted of anything as yet. Thank you for your answer NYC 161

I received a letter Saturday to report on Friday the 23rd for OA 4105. The ticket isn't in the system yet. I was going to fight it. So you don't think they would hire me. I haven't been convicted of anything as yet. Thank you for your answer NYC 161

You are welcome and Thank you for reply! On the application for they sent in the mail, they require you to list all pending violations. When I went back in March, they told me that everything has to be resolved before moving forward. Again, they allow you to have up to four points, but no more (defensive driving does not drop points off). 

I would not try to hide anything from the TA.

The list was just established for the boss test on September 14.. well I'm 912..looks like I won't be driving anytime soon.

You would be surprised at how fast the list will move. The TA 4600 list was established in January, people were called in March and they are up to 850 in September. The person above this post just got a letter for 4105. Keep an eye on your mailbox. OA moves faster than TA because there are more depots.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Edited by 161NewYork