Rants and pet peeves

ttcsubwayfan

This can't be real...seriously?

You should have seen some of the comments right before and after the M got rerouted up 6th Avenue. You'd think the MTA was about to tear down the Myrtle Avenue el.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really true honestly. They hate the new routing and recoloring of the (M). They want the (V) back so the (M) can go back to its old route, which they deeply care about the most.

You should have seen some of the comments right before and after the M got rerouted up 6th Avenue. You'd think the MTA was about to tear down the Myrtle Avenue el.

And sometimes these are the reasons why I can't take this hobby seriously. SMH.

No need to paint everyone with the same brush. These clowns are a fringe minority and are in no way representative of most practitioners of the hobby. That's like me saying I can't take sports seriously because some people take part in sports related riots.

I hate faulty apps. A friend of mine has this neat FIFA app where you can track the event and that sort of stuff, and even though I'm no big sports nut (I'm mostly interested in it because I'm interested in countries :lol:) I figured I could take a look at it.

Lo and behold, it crashes upon start up. According to the reviews, I'm not the only one. I think it has to do with the model (as both of us have Androids) - he has a Samsung, I have an HTC.

I remember when there were near riots by straphangers that lead to arrests because of the phasing out of the V. (And these were not even railfanners). This also happened with the W the same day we got axed. Funny isnt it?

Let's see......

Incorrect use of the  word "gay."

People always use this word to make fun of someone, even though they are technically not in a relationship with someone of the same gender. I don't know what made this word seem like an insult.....

Use of the term "no life."

Hey, if a person had no life they wouldn't be talking to you..

Hardcore Railfan/"Foamers"

These people bug me hard. They make big deals out of an older train car. The world isn't yours. Just because you are a railfan doesn't mean you are the president of the (MTA). The old has to go. The thousands of people here in NYC wouldn't want to live with riding these garbage, not to mention the 1970's....

People who ask me to move for a picture..

Yea, I know you're a railfan. But I ain't gonna move for the sake of your picture. Again, the world ain't yours.

People who crowd in a crush-loaded subway..

Let me in! Let me in! Please, I don't want to be late! Well, jokes on you! You're going to be even more late if you don't wait for the next train! :D

People who ask me to move for a picture..

Yea, I know you're a railfan. But I ain't gonna move for the sake of your picture. Again, the world ain't yours.

Oh I hate that. 

Idiot foamer - 'Move I am trying to take a picture of the train'

realizm - 'LOL. Who the hell are you? Want to discuss wannabe hardrock?'

Idiot railfanner - 'Dont mess with me'

realizm - "You dont even want to know....'

This happened on the holiday train last year. Truth.

Damn right he backed off quick as soon as he saw who I really was on here to facebook let alone in person....

I hate bandwagons. Ahem, I mean to say, I hate the majority of "New York" Heat fans that were "Knick" fans as well. God pick a team to root for and stay with that damn team.

They'll be more now if Melo takes his talents to South Beach.

• 4 years later...

Archived