Rants and pet peeves

ttcsubwayfan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Another thing are those fans who go hard on over Xcelsiors. Like seriously, what the hell is wrong with some people. I've read some Facebook posts too and it's pretty insane what some people talk about. Xcelsior are great, Xcelsiors are best, blah blah blah. Goodness gracious.

-Another thing are those fans who go hard on over Xcelsiors. Like seriously, what the hell is wrong with some people. I've read some Facebook posts too and it's pretty insane what some people talk about. Xcelsior are great, Xcelsiors are best, blah blah blah. Goodness gracious.

Well New Flyer is quite contempt, as clearly their advertising and sales push has worked. Even people in the industry rave about the Xcelsior line like no tomorrow. Truth be told however it isn't as revolutionary as NFI leads on.

Hmmm.... lets see:

*Ken Ham

*Slow walkers on subway staircases. I want to catch that train downstairs, so get the f*ck out of my way  because I'm about to be late

*the (F) train

*Drivers who don't use turn signals

*Drivers who forget to turn off turn signals after merging

*Drivers who double park then turn on their hazard lights as if that made it legit

*Panhandlers that harass people on the subway

*People who spew their crazy religious bullshit on the train. Sometimes I want to shove them off the train when its in the station.

*The NSA and FISA Court. Why the hell does the FISA court even exist? It's like a puppet court. They'll agree to give whatever the NSA wants.

*The Westboro Baptist Church.... why do these people even exist?

*The Kardashians. These numbskulls don't even have talent. Apparantly there are many people who are so bored with their lives they have to watch other people act like idiots on TV

*Bitcoins. Why do people like this psuedo-currency again? Investing in one of these is like lighting your money up with a lighter.

*Consumerism. Kanye West released what was literally a plain white T-shirt that you could find at Wal-Mart for $120 and it actually sold out. Unbelievable. People are willing to blow money on the dumbest of things these days

*Speaking of the Kardashians and Kanye West: The thing that I absolutely cannot stand is narcissism. It annoys me to no idea. How fitting that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, the two most narcissistic people in the world, are getting married.

-Ignorant people. Slovakia is a completely independent entity from Russia, Ukraine, Hungary AND Poland. Look at a map once in a while, thank you.

-People who take everything I say literally. There is room for metaphors and hyperboles, thanks.

-Littering.

-People who are so obsessed with everything others do.

-People who utter homophobic slurs at those who do not follow sports actively. I just don't find them as interesting as most people my age do.

-When my family decides to make fun of my hobby.

-People who play games and piss around when they are working on a group project with me. You do what you want on your own time, but for the love of god, if it's a group project, don't make me do all the work.

-People in this hobby who can't distinguish between bad models and models which don't fit in with their personal tastes. Unless you have actual experience with the model in question, you are in no position to judge whether the model is crap or not.

-People who don't acknowledge that wheelchair lifts are a valid alternative to low floor buses.

More later...

-Drivers who don't yield to pedestrians at crosswalks. Been nearly hit a number of times before, including school buses of all vehicles. 

-People that don't take responsibilities for their actions, which was a clear problem around here.

Okay here's some more that was lying in my head...

-Rogers/Nostrand Avenues junction: its layout causes catastrophic delays to the Brooklyn IRT during rush hours when those four lines run more frequently (well actually the 2/3 are quite frequent slightly a bit because they are slightly less crowded than the 4/5 due to greater demand for service to/from East Midtown and Upper East Side but whatever...). The (5) express can only access the IRT Nostrand Avenue corridor which is only connected to/from the local tracks. That particular switch delays service on all other trains immediately behind. The northbound (3) would often crawl between Utica and Nostrand and get held at the latter to let a northbound local or express train cross from the junction ahead.

-The relay east of Utica during rush hours: the (4) and those rare (5) trains often stop dead multiple times between Franklin and Utica southbound since the relay cannot handle that many trains during the said rush hour period. Sometimes if the delays are so bad, a (4) can get rerouted local east of Franklin and/or get extend further out to/from New Lots.

-Many, many times from my experiences during middays and Saturdays, there's two (A) trains close to each other (the first ends up slightly crowded or the seats all filled up with fewer standees, then the second one ends up almost empty) and then no service for a good 12-16+ minutes and the same cycle repeats over again. Horrendous if you ask me.

I hate when my damn job changes my schedule and not tell me about it. I originally had the day off and work tomorrow instead, so this morning my mother asked Mr what time I worknon Tuesday. I go online and look and they changed it to where I also had to work today...f**ked up my plans for the day lol

Now I'm here at work on my break and I wanna go home

-Drivers who don't yield to pedestrians at crosswalks. Been nearly hit a number of times before, including school buses of all vehicles. 

-People that don't take responsibilities for their actions, which was a clear problem around here.

Eh, that's a double standard type of thing. Just like how pedestrians cross when they aren't suppose to or "jay-walk" like I posted earlier.

Eh, that's a double standard type of thing. Just like how pedestrians cross when they aren't suppose to or "jay-walk" like I posted earlier.

Yeah, I had the right of way, so there was no jaywalking involved. This is why some people deserve to ride the bus and soon train around here.

Yeah, I had the right of way, so there was no jaywalking involved. This is why some people deserve to ride the bus and soon train around here.

No I'm accusing you of being wrong, I'm pointing out that that scenario is a double standard.

People who drive with their damn high-beams on. It's like, what are ya, blind!?

Then there's those who have one dipped beam out, and turn on the highbeams to compensate or whatever...

This one is somewhat a double standard also...then again in most cases driving in NYC with high beams is unnecessary. But I was driving in PA and sometimes that shit saves lives! lol but when I see another car coming, I turn them off for courtesy.

==============

One thing that really ticks me off, and I'm sure others, when people try to squeeze themselves in a train car when clearly there is no damn room.

For me, I have quite a few:

-Shows targeted towards 6-11 year olds: Why must they all use the most immature types of humor (such as potty jokes and "hip" slang) if targeted towards boys or a gender-neutral audience, or contain sparkles, princesses and pink if targeted towards females in that demographic. It's as if network execs WANT to keep America stupid so that they can earn more $$$.

-Ken Ham: He believes that humans lived next to dinosaurs and that you must see something in person for it to be true. With that logic, the world never was created, because you never saw it, and the Flintstones is apparently an accurate guide to pre-Roman times.

-Ed Mangano: This guy deserves to be run out of town. He doesn't do ANYTHING good for Long Island (and to be fair, no one can at this rate). He just says "I will not raise your taxes" over and over again, and gets the majority of the vote, when in reality, he supports de facto segregation by getting rid of vital services for all of those who can't afford million-dollar mansions.

-Ignorant American tourists in foreign nations: Yes, I know most Americans are at least somewhat aware of what a country is like when they visit it, but there are those who are complete obnoxious jerks that give us a bad name. They want processed fast food 24/7, get angry when they realize that gas is $8 a gallon and have to use public transport instead, don't bother to learn even basic words of the local language, think that Barcelona is in Kazakhstan, and act like they are the best human beings on the planet.

-Comcast: They don't care if you've been using their service for years on end and have never forgotten to pay a bill, but they will cap your internet usage regardless. They are bent on controlling our communications and restricting free speech, to encourage people to pay for 500 channels full of the occasional sports game if you want to spend more than an hour a day surfing the web.

-You: What are you doing listening to me rant? Do you have a life? Do you laugh at me? Go on, and leave!

No I'm accusing you of being wrong, I'm pointing out that that scenario is a double standard.

It is and I've seen many people do it, including myself. 

-When people criticize Amtrak for poor service after one bad experience. Morale of the story folks, shit happens. Believe me it does. 

For me, I have quite a few:

-Shows targeted towards 6-11 year olds: Why must they all use the most immature types of humor (such as potty jokes and "hip" slang)

This is a thing? I know that programming for children these days isn't the most intellectually stimulating, but I have yet to see them resort to making potty jokes. My little brother seems to be obsessed with that form of humor, but he doesn't watch much TV so it'll either be something from the internet or jokes his friends make.

I have a couple
On the Train/Bus:

Q38:

This bus pisses me off more than anything. In the winter months, you're better off walking than waiting for the bus.

When the damn timetable hasn't been modified in like 2 years and the buses have never come on time ever since

The QM15/BM5 is a primary example of this. Today, was walking to 63 Drive to catch the BM5, suppose to pass at 1:11 PM, and I'm on the other side of the boulevard at 1:05 PM. Suddenly, the BM5 just comes, bypassing the damn stop (  <_< ). The QM15 supposedly was suppose to pass at 1:23 PM, but I knew it's gonna come late. Bus comes in at 1:31 PM.

On the weekends, it's a different story; BM5 suppose to arrive at :46 , arrives at :52 instead. The QM15 is suppose to arrive at :23, arrives at :33 (the QM15 pattern on the weekends has been going on for about 5 years now, I don't understand what's going on in planning department or anything, or something, but I'll just stop here).

(R) Train: 

That train must have a terminal stage of cancer or something, because you'll see those shits come quickly, and then all of a sudden, like doesn't show up. On the weekends, it's worse (this is why I purposely walk to the QM15/BM5 or Q67). Combine it with waiting for the Q38, and you got your day ready to be mucked up.

In other events:

Idiotic pedestrians: I was at 42nd and 3rd today, and there was this Coach USA bus trying to make the right turn onto 42nd street, yet this women is on the street, realizes that the bus is turning , and doesn't step back. Then, when the the bus gets closer, the lady starts slamming the bus with her hands (as the bus slowing down to make the turn), following the bus. The driver slows the bus, gets off, yells at the women for not moving back, and the women yells back. The drive leaving the door ajar, the women holds the doors, and is like "Somebody call the cops!" as she was taking her phone out. What happened next though, everyone just left, and went their own way. Feel bad for the driver that he had to waste time because of this. She wasn't even an elderly women, she was like in here 50s I would say.

My Wi-fi: Spazzes out at around 8 PM on select days for no reason, and stays like that until the next day sometime in the morning. Always gotta be the worst possible days as well.

I have more, but I'm kinda tired.

If you think adults these days are mature, you may want to look at the news, because that's even more hysterical. 

Where exactly in my post did I say adults were mature? I must be blind because I can't see it. What I do see is my typo of typing historical rather hysterical. Hysterical, isn't it?

OK the things that annoy the crap out of me are:

People who sit there and make jokes about me liking the R32's (now a days I just ignore because I have more important things to deal with)

People who call me henderfoam, like really?

Railfans telling other fans they need to get laid, I laugh at that because they probably don't get some themselves

Railfan bullying: its good to joke around but sometimes people get too serious to the point they make fun of others because they like older equipment

Men who are SIMPS who sit there and take up for women even if they're wrong and side with women calling their own gender dogs

Men who are thirsty and can't control themselves

People who sit there and force religion down your throat

Fans who are bandwagon hoppers

Attention whores

People who have more than 3 kids

And people who bicth about their tax dollars and blaming people on welfare and SSI/SSD for the government taxing them

People who talk about their relationships in a bad way to the public

Where exactly in my post did I say adults were mature? I must be blind because I can't see it. What I do see is my typo of typing historical rather hysterical. Hysterical, isn't it?

You said 6-11 year old kids being mature is hysterical. So I said adults being mature these days is hysterical as well. That was pretty much a rhetorical question. As for the typo, we all make mistakes.

Archived