Rants and pet peeves

ttcsubwayfan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thread, I guess i'll chime in on this:

People on the bus that exits from the front while the back has nearly no one getting off there and holding up the bus at the stop allowing a few farebeaters on. This is why i like the sbs so that i don't have to deal with waiting for the lazy (ppl i see are like mid aged or teens. obviously i'm not lumping the old or handicapped here) to get off at the front.

I hate riding the bus and trains when school is letting out. All the damn kids act like they own the place and are yelling and sometimes beating each other up. Those kids need to be put on riddalin to keep them quiet. So bs how the mta is the city's cheap alternative to running the yellow buses for those brats.

Pedestrians that crosses when they have a don't walk sign and the cars have the green. Are they trying to get themselves killed? Put the damn phone down for a min and pick it up after crossing the street. This applies to the tourists and locals on Canal st in Chinatown and the residents along Av L in Brooklyn (when riding the b9 bus).
Drivers that have to speed down the street when the light turns yellow and some even speed thru when the light turned red. I hate the red light cams, but in some cases, those sobs are asking for a fine.

I do agree that the ppl that are still obsessing over the cng 05 and R32s are overboard. I also think those that are still butt hurt over how the 6 is getting R62As back from the 7 or how they hate seeing R46s on the F are also as bad as those that praises the R32s. What are they going to do, skip every old train till a ntt shows up? The fanatics on both ends of the old and new trains stuff is just crazy. I take whatever shows up because I don't have 1-2 hrs to waste waiting for a specific train.

As for the Hi-V and such, most ppl here probably don't know about them, so kinda hard to relate to them if they never saw/rode it. R32s are still around, so hey it's great seeing the old trains still hanging on. I'm in the camp that believes if the train can still run decently, why not keep it running? Who said trains had to retire at 40 or 50 yrs? That said when the R32s retire, life goes on. I didn't get to ride the last R40S or the redbirds and didn't really get upset over it.

Oh and I hate hearing about certain hyped movies and music artist. Yes films like Gravity might be great, but enough already. I hate the background singer and hearing Sandra saying she's gonna die. And lol at the recent ads showing her getting out of a lake, um spoiler? And the Academy awards wonders why ratings are so bad: they snub the movies everyone else watched (hobbit, ironman 3, etc) to promote films that had a fraction the blockbuster movies had. LotR3 showed they can nominate blockbuster movies, why snub anything else? If the elites don't want to award the movies, fine, but don't snub it. Slumdog millionare should've only gotten best foreign pic and Christopher nolan should've been nominated for best director for Dark Knight. If Ledger didn't OD, I don't think that movie would've gotten any major awards.

For now that's it.

People who insult the intellect of others over the internet and make simple grammatical mistakes. 3 users on this site who constantly speculate, flame others who disagree with their Smee beliefs, but still dress like we're in the late 90's/ early 2000's with extremely baggy clothing. Yeah that's it, there's 3 particular users on this site that I have a strong dislike for.

Fat and old people who stop in the middle of the sidewalk to window shop

But it's cool if thin and young people stop? ;)

--

For me, the one that's been getting on my nerves lately is this deal with using sarcasm all the time. I'm a pretty snarky guy, I say a lot of sarcastic ish, but at the end of the day I try to be pretty honest about things. I run into people these days--specifically young people like myself--who are so terrified to take a position these days that they make everything sarcastic. Everything's referencing something or making fun of something else; gets to the point where I don't even know what they're trying to say. If you use sarcasm so frequently that I'm not sure if you're ever being honest, then we've got a problem. It's got its place, but everything in moderation.

Fat and old people who stop in the middle of the sidewalk to window shop

But it's cool if thin and young people stop? ;)

--

For me, the one that's been getting on my nerves lately is this deal with using sarcasm all the time. I'm a pretty snarky guy, I say a lot of sarcastic ish, but at the end of the day I try to be pretty honest about things. I run into people these days--specifically young people like myself--who are so terrified to take a position these days that they make everything sarcastic. Everything's referencing something or making fun of something else; gets to the point where I don't even know what they're trying to say. If you use sarcasm so frequently that I'm not sure if you're ever being honest, then we've got a problem. It's got its place, but everything in moderation.

Well, you do make an interesting point...

• 3 weeks later...

Time to breathe some life into this bitch...

Another of my R/P is certain people who think they know everything about everything, when they haven't the damndest clue about anything. You know, sheeple... girls in high school who think they can tell everyone whats cool... and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived