M60 +SelectBusService+

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Anyone know what time the last M60 LOCAL Bus leaves 106th Street before it becomes Select Bus Service?

Isn't there a timetable for those types of things or are they not updated for the M60 and M60 SBS?

+Select Bus Service will provide a new level of speed and convenience yada yada yada yada... been there done that

By the way, 125th st has gone to HELL since they began painting the bus lane, aaalll that damn traffic, it's maddening!!

Driving on 125th will be more of a pain after they are finished with the bus lane (or like July when drivers are used to it).   Then again, driving on 125th isn't usually a good idea.   I even adjusted to not take the M101 to work in the morning since 2 to 3 busues will sit on 3rd Ave/125th St intersection waiting to turn.

I think tourists coming off flights at LGA Airport will not be please.

Most tourists try to get on bus with dollar bills.

So these means tourists who need to ride M60SBS has more step than regular riders.

1. Get change from Coin Machine or MetroCard from MetroCard Vending Machine/Hudson Newstand.

2. Then use SBS MetroCard or Coin Fare Collector to get a paper ticket. 

I took Q70 this morning to see where M60 SBS machines will be located and it was by next to bus stop.

M60 SBS needs 1-month of ambassador to help, especially in LGA Airport and subway stop.

Is SBS really going to make a big difference for the M60? It's already like a LTD in Queens and 125th is only going to be worst. I wouldn't be surprised in the amount of taxi and other types of non NYCT buses that will be double parked in the lane.

I really think the MTA has made more useless SBS routes than they created good ones. The S79 that is not even an SBS just more like a LTD route.I think they did that to make Staten Islanders feel that the (MTA) cares about Staten Island bus services. The M34/M34A it was slow before it's still slow but I believe it's worst now. Bx41 SBS is the Bx41 that bad that it needed SBS?

So I have a question so when the 2nd Ave line opens will the M15 still need SBS or will its SBS return back to a LTD. It's going to take a big load off both the M15 and the Lexington Ave line so will SBS still be needed.

It will be interesting to see how they enforce the fare at LGA. Port Authority PD has exclusive jurisdiction on the property and I doubt they'd do any kind of fare enforcement for the MTA. The Eagle Team (like NYPD) would need the Port's permission to come on the property.

It will be interesting to see how they enforce the fare at LGA. Port Authority PD has exclusive jurisdiction on the property and I doubt they'd do any kind of fare enforcement for the MTA. The Eagle Team (like NYPD) would need the Port's permission to come on the property.

Should just take a page from Boston and make it free within the airport.

Should just take a page from Boston and make it free within the airport.

The Port already runs free buses between the terminals, but I've seen people get on M60s and Q70s just to go between the terminals and the drivers usually just let them on. Those Port buses are almost always empty too.

...or just wait outside the airport proper

So for airport routes what do they do? Do they just loop around the airport and layover at their other terminal or does the bus go around the terminals the first time then layover and go through the terminals a second time?

JFK airport routes have terminals. At LGA, the only route there with a terminal is the Q47 (Marine Air), the Q70 loops around, along with the M60. The "terminal" would be Delta (at least thats where they change the signs at), they just keep going through the airport.

Archived