Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Silk City Transit

95 Newark-Watchung

Which garage will operate it?

"More than likely Ironbound.

Is this a permanent route? Or just temporary until the Pulaski construction is finished?"

Looks like a temporary route

• Upvote 1

if Ironbound is doing it, it makes sense now that Meadowlands is assisting Ironbound with the 111 and 115 routes: Iron needs some drivers for the route.

And some 45ft buses. They gotta stop sending them NABIs out on the 111 especially!

• Upvote 1

smh... NABI's on the #111.... I haven't been to JG in a minute.... Didn't know NJT was still doing that.

That route should remain all MCI's..... I get that the #115 is a full service line, but if push comes to shove, I'd dedicate more NABI's to the 115 over the 111.....

smh... NABI's on the #111.... I haven't been to JG in a minute.... Didn't know NJT was still doing that.

That route should remain all MCI's..... I get that the #115 is a full service line, but if push comes to shove, I'd dedicate more NABI's to the 115 over the 111.....

Right, they also gotta stop running those 40ft MCIs on the line. That line desperately needs a slew of 45fters.

The NABIs have been showing up lately because Greenville has been helping out with trippers on the 111, you are more likey to see them on the PM/later evening trips from Jersey Gardens. During the AM outboumd rush Meadowlands and occasionally Howell are helping Ironbound. Something must be going on at Ironbound because they never needed that much help before.

The NABIs have been showing up lately because Greenville has been helping out with trippers on the 111, you are more likey to see them on the PM/later evening trips from Jersey Gardens. During the AM outboumd rush Meadowlands and occasionally Howell are helping Ironbound. Something must be going on at Ironbound because they never needed that much help before.

I knew I wasn't seeing things when I saw a Howell 8200 on the 111 sometime ago.

Ironbound has a knack for throwing some of their own NABIs on the 111. I was on one of theirs before. Never knew Greenville has been on that too lately.

--------------------------

Staying on-topic, it seems like NJ Transit spruced up a bunch of their Novas for the 95, that's all I've been seeing on the line. Looks like it's worth checking out. I saw 1312 up close on the 95 and man, they did quite a bit of work to that bus, repaints, panel replacement and everything else.

Edited by Cait Sith

I knew I wasn't seeing things when I saw a Howell 8200 on the 111 sometime ago.

Ironbound has a knack for throwing some of their own NABIs on the 111. I was on one of theirs before. Never knew Greenville has been on that too lately.

--------------------------

Staying on-topic, it seems like NJ Transit spruced up a bunch of their Novas for the 95, that's all I've been seeing on the line. Looks like it's worth checking out. I saw 1312 up close on the 95 and man, they did quite a bit of work to that bus, repaints, panel replacement and everything else.

Which sucks since they'll probably ditching it in a few years since NJT wanna be just MCI and NABI.

Actually ironbound garage has a horrifc attendence problem so a lot of work was given away to other garages to "punish" us so 90+% of time nabis are observed on the 111 its hilton operators not ironbound really poor attendence is why orange operates 95 even tho its in the heart of ironbound operating territory

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Actually ironbound garage has a horrifc attendence problem so a lot of work was given away to other garages to "punish" us so 90+% of time nabis are observed on the 111 its hilton operators not ironbound really poor attendence is why orange operates 95 even tho its in the heart of ironbound operating territory Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

My friend that works there with ya, he said the exact same thing. And at some point wished that some of the routes get absorbed by the other garages

My friend that works there with ya, he said the exact same thing. And at some point wished that some of the routes get absorbed by the other garages

In all honesty i wish the same thing i never chose ironbound i was sent here orange already has nearly all the 62 trippers the original set became the go28 and howell has quite a few 116 trips only reason any work comes back to us is bcuz other garages cant make the deadhead time like meadowlands i believe they had 114 117 work that was too far for them to run efficiently so it returned to us

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Howell can't afford to have any driver calling out. That's probably why they've been doing your 111's and 116's. I honestly see them doing more 116's because its closer to the garage.

Have they used any NABIs on the 95 yet? Or is it strictly RTS until they're all gone?

they don't have the 95 route on mybusnow yet

And you wont see the 95 on mybusnow if they only use RTS buses. They are not set up for that.

The 95 operator I spoke to when I rode the 95 a few weeks ago said that those RTS had been reactivated.