Late night rare Orion V Ride

Last night, I managed to catch Orion V 9420 on the 162, a very rare sighting. Here are my pictures from the entire night:

12780808513_7e50bf3f66_b.jpg

Going Home:

12781145224_0fd87a5255_b.jpg

Why is it a rare sight?

The 162 is generally designated as a low floor route, meaning that the Vs rarely are dispatched onto it.

The OP can correct me if I'm wrong, but, outside of the 29 and 107, I believe it's rare for a high floor to be dispatched onto an evening shift.

The 162 is generally designated as a low floor route, meaning that the Vs rarely are dispatched onto it.

The OP can correct me if I'm wrong, but, outside of the 29 and 107, I believe it's rare for a high floor to be dispatched onto an evening shift.

The 9400 series buses can also be found on route 509 (replacement bus), it is also common to see a few on routes 105, 106 or 196 every once in a while, and rarely, the 124 gets one (since one of the runs originates on route 29, then goes over for the evening rush). The TTC restricts its high floor buses like the MTA does with its Artics. I still wish that these were CNG, with the L10G engine, but it's current power train (cummins M11) is my favorite engine sound.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived