What the hell is he doing now?

Fred G

I'm grilling chicken, that's what. I set out to grill chicken over hot wood fire and like always, I split it down the back so it can grill nice n flat.

grilled+chicken+01.jpg

Then I use an old Italian method called al Mattone or "under the brick" to press the chicken against the hot grill. I wrap foil around a rock.

grilled+chicken+02.jpg

It creates those cool grill marks and cuts down the cooking time and voila! There you go:

plated.jpg

I'm no Emeril or Alton Brown but I eat pretty good :(

Wow, that looks great Fred!

So lets see, you took a whole chicken, clean it and whatnot, season it up, cut it in half through the bottom, let it on the grill for abit, then put a rock on top of it. If only I had a brick oven....the grill would have to do then!

Ohh great...Now I want some fried chicken for breakfast.

Let's go! :D

Once I ordered pizza for breakfast.

(I woke up at 1)

Looks like some nice cooking Fred!

Thanks. I usually get extra pizza just to have some leftover for breakfast.

Wow, that looks great Fred!

So lets see, you took a whole chicken, clean it and whatnot, season it up, cut it in half through the bottom, let it on the grill for abit, then put a rock on top of it. If only I had a brick oven....the grill would have to do then!

Simple stuff. Whole chicken, cut the backbone out, dry it with paper towels, rub oil and spices on the skin side. Cook it skin side up for about 10 or 15 then flip over. Place the brick/rock on it as you cook it skin side down for about 15 or 20, then flip it back up and let it finish. The fire has to be hot. I had half of it last night with fresh tomatoes and warm tortillas. Oh yeah, fresh serrano chiles from mi jardin, too ;) They make a strong statement lol.

2 places i get chicken at cook it like this!!

- (A)

Let's go!

OK now I'm hungry...

Me too!

Archived