New Changes to the SAT

peacemak3r

My friends' kids who took the SAT today said that the experimental section contained questions for the revised SAT. They actually said it was harder than the current test, but I won't know until the CollegeBoard releases official practice questions for the revised test.

My friends' kids who took the SAT today said that the experimental section contained questions for the revised SAT. They actually said it was harder than the current test, but I won't know until the CollegeBoard releases official practice questions for the revised test.

I guess on paper, it seems unfair to anyone who has taken the SAT before this change. I mean shit, I complained when they added an essay to the SAT. Like you've noted, can't say until we see these tests in hand.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, well i'm glad i dont have to worry about that stuff. Geez that essay part sounded like a pita. I would've loved a free test prep and the no wrong guess penalty. So on paper, it does seem like they've taken some steps backwards. Now if the questions are harder, well shit, good luck to the poor suckers taking the new test. I wouldnt want to be in their situation.

Thank f*ck there was no essay portion when I took the test. Writing is important, but 25 minutes is not even close to enough for an essay.

Oh well. Being an adult sucks, but the best thing is that you don't have to worry about the SAT anymore. I took that test twice and got a 1470/1600 on my second try. I then got a 34 on my ACT and I never looked at those things again...........

The essay was the easiest part for me. The second time I took it, I got a 10/12 on it.

I do think it is unfair for the rest of us who took it before. I'm glad I finished the SAT last year. I got a 1570 on my 2nd try and gave up after that lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Another change to this exam? Good grief, they should have left it alone, before they added that essay part to the test.... Essays should be reserved for (possible) acceptance into a college, not for an exam with which colleges (and even some employers) look at to see if you're the material they're looking for..... The SAT was long enough as it was back then with all those parts, f***'s the point of having it prolonged.....

The actual "number" you get on the test doesn't mean shit anymore anyway, because w/ the last rendition of the test, a 1600 (which was the high/perfect score when I took the damn thing) was a little higher than the nationwide average, when they added that essay portion..... People can play political correctness all they want, these colleges and employers out here in the real world want the best of the best of the brightest, not an "average" person......

The essay portion was just complete BS; you basically were told to push out a formula as fast as you could with as many "SAT words" as possible.

Granted, the fact that they're cutting out some of the more rote memorization parts (those goddamn obscure vocabulary words) is better. Personally, I'd be fine if the SAT got trashed and replaced with a short paragraph/short math solution type test, mostly because it'd at least be harder to game that.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2018 at 10:05 PM, LGA Link N train said:

Are SAT's mandatory or do you just take them in college?

It's not mandatory, I took the test but I ended up getting into my top choice without submitting my scores. Depends on the school  you're tryna go to.

Archived