Points on license for new hires

astogezz

If I have 7 points on my license 3 points from a ticket in sept 2011 and 4 points from a ticket in dec 2012. Can I still be hired by the mta for bus operator ? Is there anyway to reduce my points so the mta will hire me ? When would be the earliest date I can be hired with these points basically when will they expire in the mta eyes

Depends on what test you took.

By the time MTA will call you 2011 points maybe off the record.  If they will call you before those points are gone, just take your name off the list, and add it back when points are gone.

But truthfully if your driving is so bad Bus may not be the best place for you. Can you keep your license clean ? Do you know that getting a job only part of it, keeping the job ( keeping class B license ) is the second part

• 1 month later...

You can't have more than 4 points on your license when they call you for your first day for your drug test. They check your driving and criminal records on that day. I was there last Monday May 5th and when my ticket number was called up they already had my driving abstract In front of them...you got to keep that license clean, especially if you're looking for a driving position anywhere.

Archived