Cannonball

aemoreira81

• 1 month later...
511.jpg

You won't see this train again until 2009.

Um...no Adam! My mother rode that train today! It was the 4:25 PM out of Jamaica and gets to Southampton at 6:00 PM with ONE stop at Westhampton. I live out in The Hamptons so I'd know that. Also (and you all can check the MTA LIRR Montauk Branch schedule), this Cannonball runs EVERY FRIDAY YEAR ROUND! Nobody believes me when I say this but remember I live out here so I'd know. There's even a special WEDNESDAY Cannonball on November 26th for Thanksgiving.

As far as the Summer Schedule goes for the Cannonball, it's Thursdays and Fridays. Southampton Station would be PACKED when this train arrives. I mean PACKED up to your eyeballs!

Um...no Adam! My mother rode that train today! It was the 4:25 PM out of Jamaica and gets to Southampton at 6:00 PM with ONE stop at Westhampton. I live out in The Hamptons so I'd know that. Also (and you all can check the MTA LIRR Montauk Branch schedule), this Cannonball runs EVERY FRIDAY YEAR ROUND! Nobody believes me when I say this but remember I live out here so I'd know. There's even a special WEDNESDAY Cannonball on November 26th for Thanksgiving.

As far as the Summer Schedule goes for the Cannonball, it's Thursdays and Fridays. Southampton Station would be PACKED when this train arrives. I mean PACKED up to your eyeballs!

according to the MTA website "During the off-season this(Cannonball) express train runs every Friday, and the Wednesday before Thanksgiving; no Hamptons Reserve service is available."

the Cannonball use to serve Greenport but after 1949 when they closed down the Manorville Branch it was switched to the Central Branch.

Ha! Adam MoreirOWNED!

Archived