What are the worst trains? What lines need improvement

trainfanrod

i believe the (G) and the (R) are the worst trains in the system then comes the (C) they should be improved

The (G) runs toooo far apart in timing and is somewhat a short route

the (R) not really a train taken seriously come on its aided and transfered to every other train if the pivitol point is only on 4th Ave between Bay ridge and Atlantic

The (C) runs to slow and everyone rather the (A) people would get off the train at an express stop lets say nostrand to ride the ©to lafayette rather than catch it at Euclid or at other express stops where they probably got on

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a strange feeling this is going to turn into a flame thread, but before it does i'll contribute. Worst trains? I'd say from a purely passenger standpoint all of the Smee's because they're noisy and uncomfortable. Lines that need improvement? (2)(3) on weekends, the (A)(C) needs more tph and the brooklyn (F) . I'm really diggin the split (R) with 160's so i'll leave that alone. Just my two cents...

R32s are the worst simply because they attract foamers wherever they go. So the (C)(J)(Z) are the worst.

These comments piss me off. You're in, what, Toronto, and you're trying to tell me how these lines are just filled with foamers? Here's a secret, I commuted on the (C) for years and I was on the (J) / (Z) frequently during the R32 swap last summer and it was an incredibly rare occasion to see a railfan. Even in the first week it was truly a rarity. This isn't Tokyo; there aren't crowds at stations except for extremely rare events. "Foamer" is a stupid term anyway that this whole community could do without.

These comments piss me off. You're in, what, Toronto, and you're trying to tell me how these lines are just filled with foamers? Here's a secret, I commuted on the (C) for years and I was on the (J) / (Z) during the R32 swap last summer and it was an incredibly rare occasion to see a railfan. Even in the first week it was truly a rarity. This isn't Tokyo; there aren't crowds at stations except for extremely where events. "Foamer" is a stupid term anyway that this whole community could do without.

THANK YOU

R32s are the worst simply because they attract foamers wherever they go. So the (C)(J)(Z) are the worst.

There aren't any foamers on the (A) / (C) and (J) / (Z) attracted to the older cars wherever they go. You don't even live here to accommodate such. Think twice before you speak out-of-towner.

The worst trains are the ones that accelerate too slowly (the (B) when running alongside a (Q)), have air conditioning problems (a few of the older types), are narrow (everything in the IRT), or are too short (weekend (M), everyday (G) and (C)). This is purely from a passenger's point-of-view and not a rail fan's. If the equipment is fast, roomy, and works, I don't care what it looks like or what the propulsion system is.

These comments piss me off. You're in, what, Toronto, and you're trying to tell me how these lines are just filled with foamers? Here's a secret, I commuted on the (C) for years and I was on the (J) / (Z) frequently during the R32 swap last summer and it was an incredibly rare occasion to see a railfan. Even in the first week it was truly a rarity. This isn't Tokyo; there aren't crowds at stations except for extremely rare events. "Foamer" is a stupid term anyway that this whole community could do without.

I apologize for what I have said.

This is crazy look what I started all I needed was for y'all to list the routes I can care less about the actual train fleet

LOL..Unless transit do something absolutely new it's hard to start a new thread...Almost everything been discussed..

Archived