Q train service modification beginning December 2014

6 Lexington Ave

It's not an issue of crowding, it's the issue of service, particularly at local stations. It's the reason why the (1)(2) and the (4)(6) run local at night. There once was a time call the 1990s when the (2) ran express at night, and the (6) was truncated to 125 Street, leaving the (4) as the only Lexington Ave. local. Passengers were fuming when the (1) local just missed the (2) express at a transfer station or the (4) train was delayed. So they changed it to the current service pattern.

Sure, it costs more money, but it placates late night passengers. The same will go for (Q) train riders. The service change will help those waiting for the (Q) at night by shortening their total travel time by up to 20 minutes.

And if the MTA has money for it, why the hell not?

When you look at traffic flow you must keep in mind the truncated service cuts service on the Broadway line entirely as the 4th Avenue stays in Brooklyn Actually it doesn't cost the TA a dime as no additional trains are run. What's going to happen is service to Astoria is going to deteriorate in the night hours as the Q goes to SAS.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you look at traffic flow you must keep in mind the truncated service cuts service on the Broadway line entirely as the 4th Avenue stays in Brooklyn Actually it doesn't cost the TA a dime as no additional trains are run. What's going to happen is service to Astoria is going to deteriorate in the night hours as the Q goes to SAS.

I don't think the (Q) runs to Astoria in the night hours. That's strictly (N) service and I doubt those trains are crowded enough to warrant more service during those hours. Leave the (Q) for SAS. That's my opinion.Carry on.

Archived