R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And then your going to be the first one saying "Bring back the RFWs/R62As" l0l

A lot of people are gonna be saying that and they'll be wondering where the RFW is when they get all the R62A's back on the (6). We gonna have a lot of disappointed folks up in this forum! LOL

So, has it been confirmed yet that the R62As will be going to the (6)? It seems to make the most sense, considering that they ran on the (6) before and the fact that they had green/red circle/diamond indicators installed, which would be useful for the (6)/<6>.

The (2)/(5) don't make any sense considering they often share cars, and it would be an operational nightmare to constantly change rollsigns. The (4) might be a possibility, though I still think the (6) would be more likely.

A lot of people are gonna be saying that and they'll be wondering where the RFW is when they get all the R62A's back on the (6). We gonna have a lot of disappointed folks up in this forum! LOL

Thats going to be sad day and im going to be like "well remember when you said you cant wait untill R142A/R188s run on the (7)" l0l.

I would likely guess the (7) will send back the 5-car sets first since they can't be broken up and keep the singles till there are no more 5-car sets.

I know that it probably doesn't make a difference at this point, but I still think the singles should be linked up into 5-car sets when they are on the (6).

Gonna be strange seeing purple stickers representing Westchester yard though, heh.

I would likely guess the (7) will send back the 5-car sets first since they can't be broken up and keep the singles till there are no more 5-car sets.

I know that it probably doesn't make a difference at this point, but I still think the singles should be linked up into 5-car sets when they are on the (6).

Gonna be strange seeing purple stickers representing Westchester yard though, heh.

They will change them back to yellow, If I was In Charge I would send the singles back to the (3) instead, Have their R62's return to the (4)

• 2 weeks later...
They will change them back to yellow, If I was In Charge I would send the singles back to the (3) instead, Have their R62's return to the (4)

Not necessarily. The R142s don't have the colored yard decals and the R62s kept their orange Jerome Yard decals when they were transferred from the (4) to the (3). So why go through the time-consuming process of putting new colored decals on the R62As when they go back to the (6)?

Not necessarily. The R142s don't have the colored yard decals and the R62s kept their orange Jerome Yard decals when they were transferred from the (4) to the (3). So why go through the time-consuming process of putting new colored decals on the R62As when they go back to the (6)?

He was talking about the R-62A's will be changed from Purple to Yellow(decals).

Honestly I think the 62A's should go to the (3) and bump the 62's to the (4) which will bump several NTT's to the (2).But we'll see.

He was talking about the R-62A's will be changed from Purple to Yellow(decals).

Honestly I think the 62A's should go to the (3) and bump the 62's to the (4) which will bump several NTT's to the (2).But we'll see.

I know. But there's no need to change the decals because the MTA has largely abandoned the practice of placing color-coded yard decals under the car number plates. If they haven't, then the R142s would have those decals. But they don't.

There's also no need to shift the R62As back to the (3) and the slightly older R62s back to the (4). The current (3) and (4) assignments are fine the way they are.