R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

There's also no need to shift the R62As back to the (3) and the slightly older R62s back to the (4). The current (3) and (4) assignments are fine the way they are.

If the (3) goes back too being 9 cars it would make more sense.But we'll see b\c something doesn't seem right.

Its POLITICS,POLITICS,POLITICS Bloombitch wanted the Lex NTT's and its been like that since '08 I believe.I don't want to see a junk car on the (6) it'll make Lex slower b\c those are the slowest cars in the A-division.

What I am saying is it will be a lot of movements but something doesn't seem right about this.

1.Rollsigns why not put them on the (3) or (4) where it won't be an issue.

2.The LED on the 62A's makes sense putting them on the (6)<6>

3.What I was saying is why not bump cars:

62A's to the (3) from the (7) , Move the cats from the (3) to the (4) bumping the rest of the R-142/A to the (6)<6>. Unless theres something wrong with the Bombs that they can't run on Pelham for some reason.

But we all have to wait and see.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lance25
If the (3) goes back too being 9 cars it would make more sense.But we'll see b\c something doesn't seem right.

Its POLITICS,POLITICS,POLITICS Bloombitch wanted the Lex NTT's and its been like that since '08 I believe.That R62 was on the (4) line because for some reason, one R142 consist was missing.I don't want to see a junk car on the (6) it'll make Lex slower b\c those are the slowest cars in the A-division.Two words: too bad. The (MTA) doesn't cater to individual request, but rather what's good for the whole.

What I am saying is it will be a lot of movements but something doesn't seem right about this.

62A's to the (3) from the (7) , Move the cats from the (3) to the (4) bumping the rest of the R-142/A to the (6)<6>. Unless theres something wrong with the Bombs that they can't run on Pelham for some reason.

For the latter part of the above quote, like I said before, it will probably be a one-to-one switch. Pelham holds and maintains the vast majority of the R142As, so it makes perfect sense to just move those cars and leave the rest of the A Division alone.

Its POLITICS,POLITICS,POLITICS Bloombitch wanted the Lex NTT's and its been like that since '08 I believe.I don't want to see a junk car on the (6) it'll make Lex slower b\c those are the slowest cars in the A-division.

:sigh: I'll try to clear up this rambling here:

No cars are being retired, so why would the (3) be back to 9-car trains again? You have more than enough R62s for the (3) line and they run on a part time line, which means less stress especially for the doors.

The (4) is a very demanding line and the R142s can probably stand up to the punishment, no need to move the older cars back to the (4).

The (6) makes the most sense about getting the R62as back cuz of the ()<> signs. What I could see done is they move the remaining R142As on the (6) to the (4) and the (4) send R142s to the (6) so the (4) is mostly R142As and the (6) just Bombs only [R142 and r62A].

So the whole political crap is just that. If the east siders don't like it, they can clog the FDR or other roads to get to downtown. The city doesn't serve them. Who cares they don't like the old cars? They should be happy to have service period.

No cars are being retired, so why would the (3) be back to 9-car trains again? You have more than enough R62s for the (3) line and they run on a part time line, which means less stress especially for the doors.

The (4) is a very demanding line and the R142s can probably stand up to the punishment, no need to move the older cars back to the (4).

The (6) makes the most sense about getting the R62as back cuz of the ()<> signs. What I could see done is they move the remaining R142As on the (6) to the (4) and the (4) send R142s to the (6) so the (4) is mostly R142As and the (6) just Bombs only [R142 and r62A].

So the whole political crap is just that. If the east siders don't like it, they can clog the FDR or other roads to get to downtown. The city doesn't serve them. Who cares they don't like the old cars? They should be happy to have service period.

It does make since but Lexington ave line is a top ridership line with high class people we should just wait and see what happens, the TA has not made a decsion yet on where the Corona R62a's will be placed yet, so its best to wait until they start swaping, even though the (6) has a high chance.

The whole last line is basically what I said so we must agree on somethings.

But yes again the (6) does make sense for the 62A's to go there b\c of the LED but Lex I think they'll be a lot of car swapping througout the division not just to satisfy people but the crew and maintenance is important also.

The whole last line is basically what I said so we must agree on somethings.

But yes again the (6) does make sense for the 62A's to go there b\c of the LED but Lex I think they'll be a lot of car swapping througout the division not just to satisfy people but the crew and maintenance is important also.

Rerember what the (E) riders did to get the R160's 1st imagne Lexington Ave, Yes it makes sense but I don't agree with the down grade on the (6), The (6) is a very rapid line I rather the (5) gives its R142's to the (6), Yeah the flatbush terminal issue is not good for an R62A but the (5) runs like the (3) it only runs all day until 11pm and its a shuttle after 11:15, I have a fellling that the TA is going to TRY Keyword TRY to put the R62A's on the (5) with some set on the (2), But until then We will have to wait until this takes place.

I Still think they are gunning for the (6) to get them back.

R160s to the (E) was so the (E) can run 10-car trains. Otherwise the (E) would've had R46s. R142s have the same amount of doors as the R62As. So I still don't see why everyone is thinking the ESRiders are going to have that big of a say on what goes where.

Why would the MTA want to go back to using rollsigns that eats up time at the terminal if they were to swap trains? It makes no sense. Stopping short of inserting those LCDs from the R44s onto the R62As, nothing will make changing signs faster than with the R142s.

2 train: I did say there could be some swaps on the Lex, but I think it would come down to the (4) and (6) - depending on which R142As gets sent out first [youngest to old or vice versa]. Either way I think the (4) will have all the R142As on the mainline so all the Kawasaki cars are consolidated on one line. R142s will likely be bumped over to the (6) to fill the gap.

http://www.thejoekorner.com/carassignments/irt-2010-12-12.html

R160s to the (E) was so the (E) can run 10-car trains. Otherwise the (E) would've had R46s. R142s have the same amount of doors as the R62As. So I still don't see why everyone is thinking the ESRiders are going to have that big of a say on what goes where.

Why would the MTA want to go back to using rollsigns that eats up time at the terminal if they were to swap trains? It makes no sense. Stopping short of inserting those LCDs from the R44s onto the R62As, nothing will make changing signs faster than with the R142s.

2 train: I did say there could be some swaps on the Lex, but I think it would come down to the (4) and (6) - depending on which R142As gets sent out first [youngest to old or vice versa]. Either way I think the (4) will have all the R142As on the mainline so all the Kawasaki cars are consolidated on one line. R142s will likely be bumped over to the (6) to fill the gap.

http://www.thejoekorner.com/carassignments/irt-2010-12-12.html

They did play a major role in that part though, I witness it myself, but that's for another time, I don't care if the R62A's come back to the (6), i could care less, but we all know the MTA makes stupid choices

The original proposal was to have the (6) and (7) swap fleets, in conjunction with the conversion project. It still is the only one that makes sense IMO. The newly built Corona yard facility was built to handle NTT with little or no changes to it. The Westchester facility previously handled R62A cars and can still do so with little or no overhaul. The new East 180th St facility was built expressly for NTT and doesn't presently have the capability to do major R62A repairs. Does anyone out here really think the (MTA) wants to, or has the money to, overhaul a new facility in order to accomodate older cars on the (5) and (2) lines? While we're on this fantasy foamer trip can someone point me to the plan where the Lenox line will run nine car trains again ? Somewhere along the way I missed that one completely. Carry on folks.

The original proposal was to have the (6) and (7) swap fleets, in conjunction with the conversion project. It still is the only one that makes sense IMO. The newly built Corona yard facility was built to handle NTT with little or no changes to it. The Westchester facility previously handled R62A cars and can still do so with little or no overhaul. The new East 180th St facility was built expressly for NTT and doesn't presently have the capability to do major R62A repairs. Does anyone out here really think the (MTA) wants to, or has the money to, overhaul a new facility in order to accomodate older cars on the (5) and (2) lines? While we're on this fantasy foamer trip can someone point me to the plan where the Lenox line will run nine car trains again ? Somewhere along the way I missed that one completely. Carry on folks.

Perfectly stated!:tup: That pretty much supports my theories as well.

(4)(6), those would be the main two lines that would be the best candidates for the R62As.

Everything else about the ES Riders is way overblown. Who cares what those [elitist] people think. They can take a cab if they don't like the 'old' trains so much.

Well said! ES riders rode Redbirds and grafitti-strewn cars on the (6) for decades and all that time they never made a big deal over it. Why would it be any different now if they got the 62As back? At least this time around, the (6) would be 100% R62As, unlike the split-fleet of 62As and Redbirds that ran there for much of the 80s and 90s.

I rather have the (4)'s R142A cars then the (6)'s R142A cars. The R142A cars on (6) really need some TLC, ASAP badly.

Im glad you cleared this UP! I dont know where people come up with 9-cars going back to the (3). I somehow missed that point also.

Well said! ES riders rode Redbirds and grafitti-strewn cars on the (6) for decades and all that time they never made a big deal over it. Why would it be any different now if they got the 62As back? At least this time around, the (6) would be 100% R62As, unlike the split-fleet of 62As and Redbirds that ran there for much of the 80s and 90s.

I don't think the (6) will be 100% R62As since the (7) will be getting the R188s as well and has less cars than the (6) does. So if anything there will still be some R142s around. This would be even better than the redbird days.

I rather have the (4)'s R142A cars then the (6)'s R142A cars. The R142A cars on (6) really need some TLC, ASAP badly.

But the R142s from the (2) and (5) lines have undergone some sort of maintenance, when have the R142As been given the same fix up? If anything the ones on the (6) are due for a tune up.

Blame the yard.

Perhaps. But it could also be the trains. Westchester wasn't this bad when it was mostly R62As. [At least from what I remember.]

Im glad you cleared this UP! I dont know where people come up with 9-cars going back to the (3). I somehow missed that point also.

Yep...