R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(7) Train exclusive.

Yep!

Will the R188 be used on other IRT lines like the (1) train?

Nope. Its a  (7) line exclusive like Kingsbridgeview382 mentioned. The other IRT Lines (rarely  (1) / (2)  (4) /  (5) /  (6)) already use the R142A car sets or idk if in the future, the   (MTA) decide to use the R188 on the Other IRT lines, doubt it.

Edited by queenspapi

I answered this question already. They will serve to replace the R142As that were converted to R188s. There will be no excess cars.

technically yes and no on the extra cars. There are new 5 and 6 car r188s on top of the inserts (not just the converts), but these will most likely be so the 7 will have enough trains when extended to the javits center. Depending on how many trains that segment needs, there could be a few spares left for additional service on the mainline, but not the many to make a major difference. And being older trains, the r62as will probably need a few more spares than the ntts do.

As for the r62as, yup, they will be more or less (as long as things don't change anytime soon) moving from the 7 directly to the 6. No need to add the 1 into it other than maybe giving them an extra train set or two if needed.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Yeah, 

He asked what would happen to the R62As on the (7). I answered his question. How is that not the answer he was looking for?

Sorry, didn't see the post before the one I posted. Was trying to get back to a GTA V stream.

Edited by LTA1992

technically yes and no on the extra cars. There are new 5 and 6 car r188s on top of the inserts (not just the converts), but these will most likely be so the 7 will have enough trains when extended to the javits center. Depending on how many trains that segment needs, there could be a few spares left for additional service on the mainline, but not the many to make a major difference. And being older trains, the r62as will probably need a few more spares than the ntts do.

As for the r62as, yup, they will be more or less (as long as things don't change anytime soon) moving from the 7 directly to the 6. No need to add the 1 into it other than maybe giving them an extra train set or two if needed.

Ok, ok, yeah, I get what you mean by R62As needing spares, but they will still be for the (6) and will not be used as excess cars to allow for growth on the (1), so my point still stands. The new R188s are presumably for the extension, or for the spare rate.

Yeah, 

Sorry, didn't see the post before the one I posted. Was trying to get back to a GTA V stream.

Oh, that's fine then.

Supposedly next week, but I wouldn't hold my breath since the (MTA) changed the R188 passenger debut various times.

Also I got the word from a friend of mine as soon as the R188s hit the (7) line sometime next week flushing is loosing another set of R62As to the (6)

its the week and still no r188. when will it hit the  (7) ?

Ok, ok, yeah, I get what you mean by R62As needing spares, but they will still be for the (6) and will not be used as excess cars to allow for growth on the (1), so my point still stands. The new R188s are presumably for the extension, or for the spare rate.

Oh, that's fine then.

The R188s is specifically to allow the (7) line to run CBTC . Since the R62As are to old to be able to get cbtc most of the R142As from the (6) have to get it . As for spares for the R62As the (6) will be fine remember the (6) will be running 400 R62As and what ever is left for R142As , its 380 R62As for the swap and 2 sets for spares and maybe one or two sets may go to the (1) for spares from which ever R62As end up not going to the (6)

Edited by R62AR33

It wasn't in service. It's still sitting in Corona Yard. Besides, if it was in service, it would have been all over the news and media.

No it wouldn't be on the news if it were in service , yes there will be railfans on it but it would't be that much of a big deal to go on the news. All it is , is just a newer car running on the (7)

Edited by R62AR33