R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats true. R62A pics on the (7) and R142A (6) pics, RFW vids of the extension if at all possible. As many of them as possible before the swap in itself is complete. Throwback pics and vids for the history books.

Nice. 24 Hr R188 service. This will be convenient as I don't get too many opportunities to ride the R188 weekdays.

Didn't someone say that there would be 3-4 sets of R142As that will remain on the 6?

There will be more than 70 R142As left, the (4) can possibly loose their R142A's to the (6) making both lines 50/50

We should expect some R62As on the (4) then no? At least as put ins if not by personal assignment? (I mean there are some R142As on the (4) as it is, and I dont know if that will remain so or if RCD and superintendents will decide to ship them to the Pelham Bay Line.) If you may bring me up to date on this one. 

We should expect some R62As on the (4) then no? At least as put ins if not by personal assignment? (I mean there are some R142As on the (4) as it is, and I dont know if that will remain so or if RCD and superintendents will decide to ship them to the Pelham Bay Line.) If you may bring me up to date on this one. 

There will be 6-7 sets of R142As remaining as far as im concerned  most of the R62As from Flushing,  380 cars are going and are staying on the (6) and won't go anywhere else , but there will be 3-5 sets of R62As remaining wich might be split with the other irt lines so you might see some assigned to the (4) . 

Edited by R62AR33

There will be 6-7 sets of R142As remaining as far as im concerned  most of the R62As from Flushing,  380 cars are going and are staying on the (6) and won't go anywhere else , but there will be 3-5 sets of R62As remaining might be split with the other irt lines so you might see some on the (4) . 

Yup, I have a feeling that may be the way how it may turn out simply because the yards are a bit loose on the general rule to keep rolling stock assigned to routes exclusive to fleet type nowadays. That is until everything changed with the Montague St closure affecting the (F) and (R) and of course the past (A) / (C) / (J) swaps. 

Edited by realizm

The 62As will run on the 6, the converted 142As will run on the 7. That has been the plan from the beginning and it has not changed. Maybe if the 4 ran the majority of the 142As and not the 6 line, the former would be the recipient of the 62As.

I doubt it, its all about parts, why would Westchester keep 70 R142A's while the 4 has over 140 of em its smart to give the R142A from the (4) to the (6) or make the (6) 100% R62A's, it makes sense to make the (6) 50/50, why would you have the same equipment in 3 yards and you could just simplify things by having them in 2 yards instead of 3, in 2014-15 we'll see what goes down, but all the assignments are subject to change

I doubt it, its all about parts, why would Westchester keep 70 R142A's while the 4 has over 140 of em its smart to give the R142A from the (4) to the (6) or make the (6) 100% R62A's, it makes sense to make the (6) 50/50, why would you have the same equipment in 3 yards and you could just simplify things by having them in 2 yards instead of 3, in 2014-15 we'll see what goes down, but all the assignments are subject to change

Westchester will keep their 7 sets of R142As because that's what they will have left at end of the swaps as well as the 380 R62As that they are getting back from flushing. What ever lines the (MTA) decide to send the remaing 3-5 sets of R62As its up them . As of right now we have to go according to plan wich has been 380 R62As out of 409 from flushing going back to the (6) , due to the fact that 380 of their R142A's being converted with cbtc for the (7) , and that has not changed.

Edited by R62AR33

Westchester will keep their 7 sets of R142As because that's what they will have left at end of the swaps as well as the 380 R62As that they are getting back from flushing. What ever lines the (MTA) decide to send the remaing 3-5 sets of R62As its up them . As of right now we have to go according to plan wich has been 380 R62As out of 409 from flushing going back to the (6) , due to the fact that 380 of their R142A's being converted with cbtc for the (7) , and that has not changed.

Possibly work service with the advantage of compatibility as cabs for both divisions? All the post WW2 cars are being slowly retired so it makes me wonder sometimes....

I mean I'm aware of the plans for the R32's but they cant fit IRT clearances so....

Ok folks, according to sub chat, 7822-7832 are now at Corona yard.

Good. I was just as about to post asking for an update.

The (7) is a major mission to get to from where I'm at so its hard to keep track of the happenings on the IRT Flushing line and the fleet(s) . 

Edited by realizm

Yeah 7822-32 are at Corona and 7211-7899-7220 came out of the barn and left the yard all together. 1776-1780-2016-2020 might be the next to depart Corona for Westchester. It sits attached as just the 10 cars a track close to the lead. The fact that no single is attached raises an eyebrow. Considering something new was just delivered to see it make it's way to the 6 wouldn't be a surprise.