R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7899 is the one causing all the trouble.

Actually no.

The entire train has been receiving it's CBTC installation. It's the first conversion and it wasn't done at Kawasaki. All of the wiring and components are being installed in the barn at the yard and the CBTC contractor is onsite doing all of the necessary work as well as spot testing to make sure the wiring and components are properly installed and operational. This is basically Apollo 13. They are in uncharted territory so as the installation is taking place the procedure is being written. Once complete all of the following conversions should move with a better pace. 

So basically, the CBTC contractor is installing the wiring and components at the Corona Yard or the 207th Street Yard

Also, I don't know anything about telecommunications but wiring installations I can cope with that; I suggest that the cars 7211-7220's wiring has to be reoganized for the CBTC and its a long process and might not see service until for 2-3 months.

Edited by Woodside7878

11 car R62A transfer left corona, saw it bypass me at 96th/CPW going uptown the set was a 2100 series set hooked to a single in the middle and 1836-40

Its is going to be in  service today .. Westchester Yard have already changed the strip maps to (6)<6>

Edited by R62AR33

So basically, the CBTC contractor is installing the wiring and components at the Corona Yard or the 207th Street Yard

Also, I don't know anything about telecommunications but wiring installations I can cope with that; I suggest that the cars 7211-7220's wiring has to be reoganized for the CBTC and its a long process and might not see service until for 2-3 months.

Corona, the train never left the barn since it went in.

Do you think any other work will be done to them besides CBTC work, such as replacing the lights, upgrading the lights, or replacing the trucks?

Lights? No.

Trucks (already done). That was the first job to take place before the cars were shipped off to Kawasaki for conversion.

I saw Grafitti on an R188 Cab Door :(

Number? I remember last month that 7832 had some sharpie on its MTA Logo, but now its cleaned off. 

EDIT: And also I remember a few days before the 30- day acceptance test ended that 7818 had scratchiti on the doors..

Edited by R188 7857