R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People keep saying cause of what happened on the R32 (R) , why is it cancelled if true ?

You just answered your own question. But I heard others saying that officially 'the vibration tests were cancelled' . But thats only half of the story here. So I cant say conclusively for sure but thats a real possibility considering that this incident hit the mainstream media.

Edited by realizm

The TOMC has NOTHING to do with the 188s Or that stupid R train incident.

Oops. I thought he meant what the abbreviation stood for, I misunderstood the question.

That said no the TOMC or the train of silver colors (silver bird) making its debut in the Rockaways will run as scheduled in May I'm sure. I highly doubt preservation and the Transit Museum will cancel these events because of a few unruly railfanners. But I imagine they will certainly beef up on security with extra staff on duty to discourage rowdiness which would be great. 

Edited by realizm

Rode 7821 today... They gotta re-align those things that surround the interior LED's of 7821. It was out of alignment and blocked part of the sign, still legible though. Overall, that set pretty much has minimal vandalism and is still good as new.

On another note, while waiting for it at Court Square, 7833-7843 passed on the other side. I was sitting straight infront of 7839, with sharpie all over that stainless steal next to the windows. Breaks my heart that these a**holes feel like they can vandalize sh*t like it ain't worth anything. 

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what happened on the R32 (R)? And if the TOMC runs tomorrow, the best picture one will take - express R188 in the middle of TOMC and an R62A, all three in one.

Edited by R188 7857

Rode 7821 today... They gotta re-align those things that surround the interior LED's of 7821. It was out of alignment and blocked part of the sign, still legible though. Overall, that set pretty much has minimal vandalism and is still good as new.

On another note, while waiting for it at Court Square, 7833-7843 passed on the other side. I was sitting straight infront of 7839, with sharpie all over that stainless steal next to the windows. Breaks my heart that these a**holes feel like they can vandalize sh*t like it ain't worth anything. 

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what happened on the R32 (R)? And if the TOMC runs tomorrow, the best picture one will take - express R188 in the middle of TOMC and an R62A, all three in one.

You don't wanna know...

Whats special about tomorrow?

I hope everyone else gets good pics because I'm in Philadelphia(Elkins Park-to be exact) and most certainly not coming back to NYC before Easter.

Same thing I'd like to know, by the park that's close to my house the police have issued a no parking zone.

same here i don't like it when people vandalize subway cars especially if their new

Why me? Why man? I always miss out the good stuff. Last week I miss the R32 (R)in my own damn area because of the dreaded activity called going to work.... tomorrow, TOMC and R188's on the (7) and I have to freaking go to work ...   <_<

My Canon Rebel T3i DSLR just sitting there on my furniture ..... this sucks...

Edited by realizm

Why me? Why man? I always miss out the good stuff. Last week I miss the R32 (R)in my own damn area because of the dreaded activity called going to work.... tomorrow, TOMC and R188's on the (7) and I have to freaking go to work ...   <_<

don't worry man hopefully you will catch it  :)

I'mma miss them both because of something called getting sick smack on friday and the whole weekend. Still sick, I guess, third time in a row.