R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

We need the transit workers input on this. RTOPRO where the heck are you? We got questions....

I've been leaving this topic alone just to see how a few planted words here are there can turn into some of the biggest rumors around with even "other" employees involved. I just do nothing but laugh. Nothing that has been said about cars being swapped out from the 4 and 6 line are true. Nothing said about this door opening by itself on the wrong side is true. An undesired pull apart in the yard did happen and it was sorted out. And especially this rumor about lawsuits.....LOL

Everyone should just sit back and relax.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been leaving this topic alone just to see how a few planted words here are there can turn into some of the biggest rumors around with even "other" employees involved. I just do nothing but laugh. Nothing that has been said about cars being swapped out from the 4 and 6 line are true. Nothing said about this door opening by itself on the wrong side is true. An undesired pull apart in the yard did happen and it was sorted out. And especially this rumor about lawsuits.....LOL

I see what you did there...  B-)

I'm glad we've still got some level-headed members here. Someone posts one thing and everything snowballs from there despite the lack of any proof. It's becoming a disturbing trend around here as of late.

As for why the 188s were all sitting in Corona, think back to when the 160s first hit the L and N lines. I'm sure that back in 2007, there were in fact times when one could go without seeing a single 160 in service. It wasn't a big deal then and it still isn't today. With the exception of 7211 and company, I'm sure the trains are relatively fine.

Word is the 188s teething problems are real... My info is from an A Division TO..

Trains have opened up on the wrong side... Uncoupled in service... And from the operational stand point they are injuring older TO's (wrist and hand injuries with the throttle) as they somewhat changed it from the 142/142a specs...

A lot of older TO's aren't even trying to qualify on them and with the next pic coming up soon a lot of guys are jumping ship to the B Division just to avoid that altogether... Smh

Wow....Uncoupled in service....Never heard of that of any nyc subway train 

Well he works first-hand with the equipment, that's literally the source without the middle man

Exactly !!!!! Which is why I said I'll leave it at that

There is and WILL be people that will doubt and add there 2cents that do work for TA and it's respected but before I release that info I asked my source if I could do so... They told me No Problem..

Shut up.^ Your wrong, deal with it.

Can't believe I fell for that, so many lying ass people on this site...smh...Oh btw...there's some R188s in service today.

This morning i got 7860-7870 seeing 7855-7859 and 7871-7876 + 7811-7821 as well. When coming back, I got 7811-7821 express and didn't see them though, still some in the yard. On another note, 7822-7832 hasn't ran in forever.

BTW, as much as I like the R188's and all that I hate that the conductors feel they should spam the stupid announcements. Once I was going thru the Steinway Tunnel and the conductor spammed EVERY SINGLE ANNOUNCEMENT he could during that time period. Pissed me off hard. Also this morning I had a conductor play an announcement between every stop for the first few stops. I remember also having a conductor that would spam the "DO NOT HOLD DOORS" announcement if someone did it. Happened today as well.

Shut up.^ Your wrong, deal with it.

Can't believe I fell for that, so many lying ass people on this site...smh...Oh btw...there's some R188s in service today.

Is there a problem ????

There's NO need for you to even come at me in anyway shape or form unless there is an issue

because it can definitely be solved ASAP

My sources are credible like I said before... Your a foamer... Therefore you run off opinions and NOT facts so unless you KNOW actually RTO supervisor you need NOT to speak disrespectfully

There's NO need for it... My source happens to be RTO who speaks with supervisors who KNOW what's going on...

I DONT post anything that's NOT factual !!!!!

My sources are credible like I said before... Your a foamer... Therefore you run off opinions and NOT facts so unless you KNOW actually RTO supervisor you need NOT to speak disrespectfully

There's NO need for it... My source happens to be RTO who speaks with supervisors who KNOW what's going on...

I don't need to be rude but check your sentences, "Your a foamer " is spell "you're a forumer", "...  actually RTO supervisor.." is "... an actual RTO supervisor, make sure check before posting.

Well RTOPRO debunked everything you said and this is directly coming from the horse's mouth...either your "source" is wrong, our whoever your "source"is getting info is wrong

...side note, I hate when people in here say they have "sources". It's not like it's some top secret shit or something, it's just a train/bus...not like your giving secrets to Ft. Knox

Smh at the end of it all I'm done with the topic...

Everybody is opinionated I've spoken to RTO myself via messages...

It is what it is... Unless any of us was there when things happens... NONE of us know for sure

I'm just gonna leave it at that

NO disrespect to anyone but that's just the actually factual

Take that anyway y'all want... and move on with the topic plz

All I did was pass on info... As would anybody else if they were in my shoes

Dudes it aint that serious! Cmon already! Over trains....

Just forget about it. RTOPRO said what he had to say. He LOLed over my lawsuit comment, it actually did happen with the R46s for example and Pullman Standard who went out of business as a result, but I'm not all mad over the correction. Its only a discussion on R188's..

Smh at the end of it all I'm done with the topic...

Everybody is opinionated I've spoken to RTO myself via messages...

It is what it is... Unless any of us was there when things happens... NONE of us know for sure

I'm just gonna leave it at that

NO disrespect to anyone but that's just the actually factual

Take that anyway y'all want... and move on with the topic plz

All I did was pass on info... As would anybody else if they were in my shoes

And you were not there when it happened either. I didn't even believe you. Stop with the holier than thou attitude, especially when a TA employee discredited it already.

I rode the R188's on Friday twice and they ran smoothly with no issue

You guys gotta realize the (7) line is old with old signals, these trains are gonna have issues, especially if the majority of the fleet is basically converted 12-14 year old R142A's, so of course you're gonna have issues

BTW the doors opening on the opposite side are the test trains that do burn testing before going in service, no in service R188 would do that due to the fact that all NTT's have door enablers as well as the R42's and R46's(after 2009-10) so unless it was a flaw 60% of what this dude said is wrong

BTW the doors opening on the opposite side are the test trains that do burn testing before going in service, no in service R188 would do that due to the fact that all NTT's have door enablers as well as the R42's and R46's(after 2009-10) so unless it was a flaw 60% of what this dude said is wrong

Which was what I've said as well with the burn in testing, I see this all the time. Although in not so much detail as you brought out here.

I'll admit too, the time I was in Flushing two weeks ago for photos, I didn't see one problem with the sets out there at all. Ran perfectly.

And you were not there when it happened either. I didn't even believe you. Stop with the holier than thou attitude, especially when a TA employee discredited it already.

I'm fellow employee myself but it is what it is... Ain't nobody actin holy but at the same time I'm not about to be bashed or disrespected by NOBODY on here...

Titles go out the window when disrespect happens Bruh... I'm keeping cool calm and collective and would suggest people do the same

Nobody is an internet thug... For the most part we ALL have good jobs in here... so let's not even start with the disrespect plz...

I rode the R188's on Friday twice and they ran smoothly with no issue

You guys gotta realize the (7) line is old with old signals, these trains are gonna have issues, especially if the majority of the fleet is basically converted 12-14 year old R142A's, so of course you're gonna have issues

Which was what I've said as well with the burn in testing, I see this all the time. Although in not so much detail as you brought out here.

I'll admit too, the time I was in Flushing two weeks ago for photos, I didn't see one problem with the sets out there at all. Ran perfectly.

I learned to take these reports with a grain of salt. Kawasaki has a near-perfect track record. Most of the Japanese companies do. The factories are so damn efficient that nearly everything gets caught before it leaves their property. It's a system called "Kaizen". Kawasaki has provided a large amount of New York's rolling stock that arrived in the past 30 years, both subway and commuter rail (R62, R68A, R110A, R142A, R143, R160B, R188, M8, C3). The only fleet to have issues was the M8. To put things in perspective, Alstom messed up with both of their contracts (R68 and R160A).

I learned to take these reports with a grain of salt. Kawasaki has a near-perfect track record. Most of the Japanese companies do. The factories are so damn efficient that nearly everything gets caught before it leaves their property. It's a system called "Kaizen". Kawasaki has provided a large amount of New York's rolling stock that arrived in the past 30 years, both subway and commuter rail (R62, R68A, R110A, R142A, R143, R160B, R188, M8, C3). The only fleet to have issues was the M8. To put things in perspective, Alstom messed up with both of their contracts (R68 and R160A).

Sorry for the accidental down-vote. I was drinking coffee while navigating the page and by mistake I clicked the down-vote button, and there doesn't seem to be any way to undo that. Sorry!