R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

Why do (6) riders know what's local and what's express any more than (7) riders? I had an R62A (6) the other day where one car showed 3 Av-138, one showed Parkchester, and one showed Pelham Bay Park. There's no way to 'know' since all the signs are messed up.

If I had to wager a guess, it could be due to the in-station announcements and LED screens that tell you exactly which train is coming into the station. It still makes little sense to remove the indicators on the trains though.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just in today. I was fanning the (7), I did not ride it, but R188's 7888-7898 ARE NOW IN SERVICE! The interior has NO ADVERTISEMENTS, just subway maps. It's fresh.

EDIT: Judging from what I shot of that train, I'm not quite sure actually.....

Let's break down what I saw:

The train at 103 Street, in the video I could not see if there were people in it or if doors were opening/closing. But, there were no testing papers on the windows. And, I cannot also distinguish if the signage was on.

The train I saw when i was coming back was doing the usual. It was changing sides in the middle track at 69 street, still no papers on windows. So, I think this is actually a mystery. Maybe somebody can confirm this?

Edited by R188 7857

It might have been a (7) short-turning at 74 St due to this weekends G.O.

Yup. The train turns thru the middle track at 69 street. When it was at 103 street, I'm not sure if there was passengers in it, though.

Edited by R188 7857