R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What were the other four cars?

I saw 1831-1835 and as well 1934 coming out of Westchester Yard i didn't catch the rest cause my R62A was going fast.. I was shocked to see that , cause i thought the single sets would go either to the (1) or the (S) but seems like Westchester is keeping them ..

Edited by R62AR33

I saw 6 R188s in a row!!! XD!

Does anybody wish that the (MTA) didn't bunch up R188s in service? I saw one R188 on my R62A <7> train, then an R62A, then 3 R188s in a row, then an R62A, then another R188, and there was an R188 at Flushing-Main Street on the middle track. Btw what is the chance really that two (7) trains come into Flushing-Main Street at the same time? Cause that was what happened to me today. And there was an R188 in on the center track.

I saw 6 R188s in a row!!! XD!

Does anybody wish that the (MTA) didn't bunch up R188s in service? I saw one R188 on my R62A <7> train, then an R62A, then 3 R188s in a row, then an R62A, then another R188, and there was an R188 at Flushing-Main Street on the middle track. Btw what is the chance really that two (7) trains come into Flushing-Main Street at the same time? Cause that was what happened to me today. And there was an R188 in on the center track.

The dispatchers don't care how many R188s are in a row. All they care about is providing service.

Most of the time I do notice the R188s are usually always staying in the yard except for the weekend G.O's.

Most of the time they don't like running them except on weekends.... You see 4 R188's in the AM rush but mid-day there's only one or two. 

Most of the time they don't like running them except on weekends.... You see 4 R188's in the AM rush but mid-day there's only one or two.

It's not a matter of whether they like to run them or not. It's about providing service like it was said before. They use whatever they have available. Edited by S78 via Hylan

The reason why they run the R188's like they did because most of the crews weren't qualified, the new pick just started so this shouldn't be an issue no more, im surprised they don't run them overnight yet (normal service)

They do run overnight now. Graffiti (not even) explains it all

It's not a matter of whether they like to run them or not. It's about providing service like it was said before. They use whatever they have available.

I understand that, I was just stating an observation.

They do run overnight now. Graffiti (not even) explains it all

Thats true. You see 7833-7843? That set has been pounded with vandalism.

Observations on that set:

-(cleaned) a tag on 7839 exterior

-still there- dry, brown,  rectangular sticker marks that are found a lot on trains. it is on the side of the doors of one car, and on the logo of another.

-sharpie tag on top of MTA logo on 7834.

And very recently, 7856 has suffered vandalism (of course one car away from 7857...) it got tagged on the NYC subway logo with a sticker, its still white....... That set (7855-7859) has also accumulated some steel dust on it.

I remember 7832 having some vandalism on it... it's long gone though.

This is so darn similar to the targeting of the R62A's when they were new... they're targeting R188's. Within the 30-day test of 7811-7821, nearing the end, I recall seeing 7818 with scratchiti.