R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4876081.jpg

Jesus Christ, guys, really?

Who cares if one particular set has bedbugs or not? They're certainly going to spread, given how they originated from the (N) line, so that one set will probably end up getting them anyway. And bedbugs don't discriminate between train types, they'll appear wherever they please, AGAIN given that they came from the (N) line.

4876081.jpg

Jesus Christ, guys, really?

Who cares if one particular set has bedbugs or not? They're certainly going to spread, given how they originated from the (N) line, so that one set will probably end up getting them anyway. And bedbugs don't discriminate between train types, they'll appear wherever they please, AGAIN given that they came from the (N) line.

Not necessarily. You never know, maybe they came from a tourist, maybe they came from bums, maybe crews..... 

Not necessarily. You never know, maybe they came from a tourist, maybe they came from bums, maybe crews..... 

You know what I mean ;) Point is, they get around.

Where would the bedbugs be able to live on 62As? The bedbugs are living in the seat cushions the operators sit on in cabs. I have never heard of an R62A with seat cushions in the cabs.

The R62A has a foldable seat that stows nicely in the back wall for conductoring and driving while standing. See 0:28.

Where would the bedbugs be able to live on 62As? The bedbugs are living in the seat cushions the operators sit on in cabs. I have never heard of an R62A with seat cushions in the cabs.

Dude, it doesn't matter the seating arrangements! Geez, it's like a debate club or somethin in here I'm serious.

All I'm saying is that some cars may or may not have these bedbugs and they don't give a damn about any cushions or comfort seating. Please bro.

Get back to the topic . I rode R142A or R188 conversion that #7231 - #7240 on (7) today . For myself see R142A or R188 conversion #7231 - #7240. The car look clean.. Few portion of R142A #7231 - #7240 I rode today.. There were no dead break problem or screeching loud noise today.... At least no vandalism on R142A or R188 conversion #7231 - #7240 today... Everyone forgot R142A #7231 - #7240 did ran on the (6).. At least Corona Yard start to handle well on R142A #7221 - #7260 ...

Yeah good old days..... Nice conductor :lol:

I wish we had MORE of him!

He's long since retired. Wish there were more like him though. He seems to have loved his job.

My guess is 7844-7854. Watch this video: 

The whitness of the bedbugs was riding a manhattan bound <7> which you can clearly see at 5:58 is 7854 playing the manhattan bound <7> annoucement.

The assumption being that 7844-7854 is the only R188 that could have run on the <7> at that time,...

No more assumptions needed, NO BEDBUGS WERE FOUND!

There's finally some relief when it comes to bedbugs on the subway: The 7 train has been determined to be bedbug-free after an investigation, the MTA said on Thursday.

A straphanger told Business Insider he saw bedbugs "coming out from under the seat to feed on people's legs."

MTA spokesman Kevin Ortiz said in an email that the MTA followed up on the report and checked the train and found no evidence of bedbugs.

Straphangers have been on edge since four N trains and a 5 train were fumigated after bedbugs were discovered in the cars earlier this month.

This summer's mini-outbreak of bedbugs on the subway is not the first time the insects have been caught riding the rails. In 2008, bedbugs were reported in the benches at two subway stations, and in 2009, a bedbug was reported on the R train.

Bedbugs are commonly found in beds, sofas and cushions, but they can also live in clothes.

Meanwhile, an MTA cleaner told the Daily News that she had been infested with bedbugs from her locker near the Ditmars station. The MTA fumigated the location, but she said she "started scratching two days earlier." She said she asked the MTA to fumigate her home, but they do not fumigate private homes.

An MTA spokesman confirmed on Thursday that they do not fumigate non-transit property, and said the MTA is continuing to do spot checks of crew rooms and other transit facilities and will fumigate if necessary.

http://www.amny.com/transit/7-train-inspected-for-bedbugs-and-cleared-mta-says-1.9058509

Cant wait R188 ( conversion ) #7300 series coming to (7).. I hope Corona Yard can able to maintain R188 #7300 series . Cant wait too see R188 conversion #7281 - #7290 to be delivered to (7) soon... I hope Corona Yard maintain R188 conversion #7200 series well..

They should have no problem since they take pretty good care of the R62A's and when they had R33's and R36's they were in good sharp as well. The only thing I am concerned about is the wear and tear that the R142A's have already because they are pretty beat up compared to the newly brought R188's.

Cant wait R188 ( conversion ) #7300 series coming to (7).. I hope Corona Yard can able to maintain R188 #7300 series . Cant wait too see R188 conversion #7281 - #7290 to be delivered to (7) soon...  I hope Corona Yard maintain R188 conversion #7200 series well..

NO to 7300s! I rode 7321 yesterday and that one had brown stuff (rust?) on it's interior doors, and one of them was stuck as well..... that thing was vandalized and dirty as hell as well. Wouldn't like to ride those things on the (7)...

Edited by R188 7857