R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of them will not be linked, they are gonna need some singles for summer work service (for the crew to have a/c) 1961-66 aren't linked yet but they're in order with 1961/66 having full width cabs

They'll probably keep about 15 cars or more singles

The way I look at this is that I wouldnt be surprised if this actually happened. Because of the necessity for air-conditioned cars so the crews can have A/C. It makes sense. We will have a huge surplus of cars on the IRT fleet because of the R188s. Nothing is getting scrapped with the contract.

I would arrange for that if I was a signals, track or train service supervisor. The MTA needs to take care of their employees too.

Edited by realizm

As of right now there are 18 sets of R62A's on the (6)<6> , yesterday at around 1 pm i counted 11 sets back to back with no R142A's in between. I did find out once all the R62A's are on the (6) from flushing they will all receive the Strip Maps and the puprle yard stickers are being removed they are either going back to Yellow or instead will use green ,reason being Purple is assigned to Flushing , they want to do it all in one shot , makes sense considering that alot of the recent R62A's from flushing and even some of the broadway sets still don't have strip maps in them.

Edited by R62AR33

I think the 240 ST R62As are not going to be assigned to the 6 train, they`re only on the 6 when an R142A set is due for Yonkers and a Flushing R62A set had arrived at Westchester.So those 240th Street yard R62A will be there until all of Flushing R62As are displaced by the R188 and assigned to the 6 train with extras cars assigned to other yards.

Since were talkin about Strip Maps, has anyone noticed on an R188, the strip map shows 2 New stations after Times Square, 10th Ave And 34 St-Hudson Yards?

34 Street - Hudson yards, YES. 10 Avenue, NO. Idk if you actually saw it or not, but just to point out, the MTA dosen't have enough money for a station between 34 Street and Times Square. In fact, they are still struggling to have 34 Street - Hudson Yards open in Febuary 2015 when it should of opened months ago.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

34 Street - Hudson yards, YES. 10 Avenue, NO. Idk if you actually saw it or not, but just to point out, the MTA dosen't have enough money for a station between 34 Street and Times Square,. In fact, they are still struggling to have 34 Street - Hudson Yards open in Febuary 2015 when it should of opened months ago.

The (MTA) shouldn't even be focusing on extending the (7). CBTC isn't finished on the (7), so heavily delayed and crowded (7)'s, and also they need to worry about Lex and SAS. That is an ongoing problem that is having the (4), (5), (6), (N), and (Q) get stuffed cars. The sooner SAS gets done, the faster that crowds will even out.

The (MTA) shouldn't even be focusing on extending the (7). CBTC isn't finished on the (7), so heavily delayed and crowded (7)'s, and also they need to worry about Lex and SAS. That is an ongoing problem that is having the (4), (5), (6), (N), and (Q) get stuffed cars. The sooner SAS gets done, the faster that crowds will even out.

Bruh, I could WAIT for MY <7> to get tht new station and $#!7. The CBTC needs to get fixed A$AP. 

Reports for CBTC (out of what I have seen/heard in my own POV)

Flushing-Main St : NON CBTC EQUIP

Mets-Willets: NON CBTC EQUIP

111 St: NON CBTC EQUIP

103 St: CBTC EQUIP But glitches with both Manhattan/Queens bound announcements

Junction: CBTC EQUIP But announcements have stopped working (including new CBTC On-Time Screen) since April of 2014

90th: CBTC WORKING

82nd St: CBTC WORKING

All I got for now

34 Street - Hudson yards, YES. 10 Avenue, NO. Idk if you actually saw it or not, but just to point out, the MTA dosen't have enough money for a station between 34 Street and Times Square. In fact, they are still struggling to have 34 Street - Hudson Yards open in Febuary 2015 when it should of opened months ago.

That's not the reason it's delayed, and the city is putting in much of the money for the station.