R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the top roll is from the 1980s and the bottom is new. Whether or not they printed a new roll or just added something I don't know, but I really like that they used Akzidenz-Grotesk on a sign for the first time in decades.

I totally agree!

It is the superior font!

Whenever I see an R42 J with helvetica in my mind I think DANG!

I really love that font!

Why is it in this thread? And it would literally be useless. What does the (MTA) have to do with weather reports?

The PA5s on PATH have a weather display on the TV Screens inside the car.... So at least one rail system thought it would be useful. Mind you its basically the same car as the 160s with minor differences.

The PA5s on PATH have a weather display on the TV Screens inside the car.... So at least one rail system thought it would be useful. Mind you its basically the same car as the 160s with minor differences.

How would it be useful and how would (MTA) benefit?

What I want to know is why can't the R62A's be cleaned and shiny like the R188's. It just seems as the MTA is just dumping the R62A's on the (6) without a care in the world. They still even have traces of the (7) in them!

You do realize those trains are 25 years old...