Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

R188 Discussion Thread

I know but they can least spice the trains up a bit.

You're comparing an NTT to an SMEE.

Apples to oranges.

• Upvote 2

I mean like use dirt remover or something to make them shine a bit more. Every time I touch the outside of a R62A, my hand is all black with dirt and filth.

I mean like use dirt remover or something to make them shine a bit more. Every time I touch the outside of a R62A, my hand is all black with dirt and filth.

LOL! I once touched an 142A on the (6) line back in 2004 by mistake and the same thing happened. All subway cars have dirt and filth on the outside, the tunnels they travel in are old and dirty. You made not be able to see it but its there, touch a 160 on the outside and the same thing happens.

• Upvote 1

That's exactly what my friends say Rollover.

I dont know how to exactly answer your question Tech and Transit. All I'm saying is just to put a R62 through the car wash every once in a while.

I dont know how to exactly answer your question Tech and Transit. All I'm saying is just to put a R62 through the car wash every once in a while.

Just stop please. I cant

• Upvote 2

<sarcasm>What? Touching a train's exterior is so normal. Everyone I known has done it.</sarcasm> If by accident or when you were little, sure but touching it just because......

Besides, the non-shiny R62s make it a little more classical. <--- Whatever this means.

And the same does not apply to R68s. The filth on them is as ugly as hell.

Every train gets washed through the same washing cycle (every 66 days or 10,000 miles). The trains are underground for the most part and pick up dust and whatnot in the tunnels.

Once again, the train is 25 years old; its not gonna look like new forever. It runs so who cares if it doesn't shine or not...

• Upvote 1

<sarcasm>What? Touching a train's exterior is so normal. Everyone I known has done it.</sarcasm> If by accident or when you were little, sure but touching it just because......

lol...

• Upvote 1

Since R142A being moved and 188 adding a convert set, 

the (2) has 6301-6700 while the (5) has 6701-7090, the (4) has 1101-1250, 7091-7180 with 142As 7641-7810

Since R142A being moved and 188 adding a convert set, 

the (2) has 6301-6700 while the (5) has 6701-7090, the (4) has 1101-1250, 7091-7180 with 142As 7641-7810

What has changed?