R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

question are the R188s ever going to go on any other line but the (7) I've been speaking to alot of crew members and they have said that the R188s might move to the (4)(5)(6) lines when they become CBTC and R142s and R142as might get CBTC upgrades for the (7)

My bad for the post messup

question are the R188s ever going to go on any other line but the (7) I've been speaking to alot of crew members and they have said that the R188s might move to the (4)(5)(6) lines when they become CBTC and R142s and R142as might get CBTC upgrades for the (7)

Most IRT lines have station that fit 10 cars the most. The (7) is one of the exceptions, using 11 car sets. R188s are in married 11 car sets, so.......no.

The R188 is specifically for the (7) only

R188s are for the (7) ONLYY and as for the R62A's please don't ask if they will go to the (2) , (4) or (5) its been stated various times why they won't go to those lines....

You forget to mention that the R68s are also gonna be going on the (4) line soon and the R160 will fly to JFK

Didn't catch the car numbers but while at 74st broadway last night i saw another R62A get transfered to the (6) .... it was signed up as a (6) on both ends of the train , I counted a little over 20 sets of R62A's on the (6) today during the pm rush , get your R62A (7) pics while you can the swap is happening very very fast,

Edited by R62AR33

I found 7381-7916-7390 in service today and 7916's right side doors would not open at all. Either an employee forgot to unlock them or they just don't work. At Vernon, Hunters Point and Court Square, the doors didn't open and passengers had to cross to 7390 or 7389 to exit. I alerted the conductor at Queensboro Plaza. Not sure what happened to the train because I didn't stay on Flushing long after that.