R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "sticker" era it already dead, so why should it be revived again? Sure it gives a bit of organization, but since we have a mix of NTTs and SMEEs now, the stickers should be left alone. Perhaps in the future, when the entire system is NTT, maybe then we can talk.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

You disagree with what VIP heard?

:P

In all seriousness, why don't you like the stickers?

Lol I mean it would look weird on the 188's, since the Lexington never put stickers on em. If the MTA stated that they would put them stickers on the R188's, it would look WAY different. Don't you think?

What sense would that make. Those cars aren't going anywhere but the (7) only

Exactly

When the 62s were all moved to the (3), their orange stickers never got changed. Though when the 62As were moved from the (6) to the (7) to retire the remaining Redbirds, the 62As' yellow stickers were changed to purple stickers. R62AR33 aka junjun always seems to believe that the returning 62As to the (6) will get yellow stickers again, smh.

The Corona cars do move around the system for maintenance, so the stickers would then come in use to identify where they belong.

Well considering the R142/As on the 2/4/5/6 lines have gone for years without yard stickers, I kinda find it doubtful they'd all of a sudden put back yard stickers on the R142A converts and R188s on the 7. Plus if they see the numbers, as well as keep the train intact as 11 cars, it can't be that difficult to know it belongs to the 7.

It would be smart to put purple stickers on the R188's or something similar to the R160's on ENY'8300's so this way they can tell what car it is if it goes to 207th for heavy work

So I do see them putting a some type of symbol on the R188's in the future

It would be smart to put purple stickers on the R188's or something similar to the R160's on ENY'8300's so this way they can tell what car it is if it goes to 207th for heavy work

So I do see them putting a some type of symbol on the R188's in the future

That's why I say , if that happens Westchester Yard will have no choice but to go back to yellow  ,  you can't have Westchester Yard and Corona's fleet with the same stickers , it will confuse workers at 207st.

Edited by R62AR33

That's why I say , if that happens Westchester Yard will have no choice but to go back to yellow  ,  you can't have Westchester Yard and Corona's fleet with the same stickers , it will confuse workers at 207st.

Its 2015 man, I'm sure the subway maintenance personnel have some kind of computer system that lets them know which car belongs to which yard.