R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

Its 2015 man, I'm sure the subway maintenance personnel have some kind of computer system that lets them know which car belongs to which yard.

a computer system? They barely have updated signals and failing LEDs on subway cars and let alone advanced new technology so I highly doubt MTA has some computer based system to identify where subway cars are stored. That'll take more time than visual. Threshold paint would be more feasible kind of like the R46s from pitkin verses the R46s from Jamaica. Pitkin has green and Jamaica has Red

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a computer system? They barely have updated signals and failing LEDs on subway cars and let alone advanced new technology so I highly doubt MTA has some computer based system to identify where subway cars are stored. That'll take more time than visual. Threshold paint would be more feasible kind of like the R46s from pitkin verses the R46s from Jamaica. Pitkin has green and Jamaica has Red

I'm sure there is some sort of "computer system" that they used to keep track of them. As a matter of fact, I think that's what those stickers with the barcode are for seen at the ends of the cars by the car number (in the interior). Occasionally I've seen workers scan those stickers at terminals. I'm not exactly sure what they're used for but I'm sure it's for some sort of tracking system.

(If you're not sure about what I'm referring to, the next time you're on a subway car look by the car number plate / sticker and there should be another white sticker near it that says something like "[Car number] A-Car ATI").

the threshole plates are painted to see if they hit the platform edges, has nothing to do with the yards, trust me i used to think the samething with the R32,38's and R44's back in 2009

That's why I say , if that happens Westchester Yard will have no choice but to go back to yellow  ,  you can't have Westchester Yard and Corona's fleet with the same stickers , it will confuse workers at 207st.

they won't use yard stickers like the R62A's, it will mostlikley be a purple circle, or something on the R188's, but it would be cool to see the Black with the Purple diamond stickers make a comeback for the R188's (7811-7898)

the threshole plates are painted to see if they hit the platform edges, has nothing to do with the yards, trust me i used to think the samething with the R32,38's and R44's back in 2009.

Then how come the R46 at Pitkin have Green paint and R46 at Jamaica Red?

Any news that last set R142A #7666 - #7670 will go back to Westchester Yard.. Westchester Yard still have #7641 - #7665 ( 25 set ) back from Jerome Yard.. I don't spot R142A #7661 - #7665 on (6) line recently.. Don't tell me if R142A #7661 - #7665 still out of service from Westchester Yard. Back to the topic , which R62A have been delivered to Westchester yard of #2000 series.. The R62A #2026 -  2050 ( 25 cars ) set to be at Westchester Yard or arrive soon. 

Man, everyone's telling different stories about Jeromes R142A's.

Relax dude their likely staying at Jerome..... after the swaps the only R142As at Westchester yard will be  7591-7670 , basically 8 sets. 

Edited by R62AR33