R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah some (4) trains are stored in concourse yard over night and during an unplanned service change I've seen NIS R142s dead heading to concourse yard to be stored there because of an emergency

Or it could be getting washed. Remember, Concourse had the train wash for both Concourse & Jerome

Or it could be getting washed. Remember, Concourse had the train wash for both Concourse & Jerome

I think you made at typo you mean concourse had a car wash before Jerome and yeah they can also can be getting washed sometimes since concourse yard is an A division and a B Division yard but they don't do any inspections on them

I think you made at typo you mean concourse had a car wash before Jerome and yeah they can also can be getting washed sometimes since concourse yard is an A division and a B Division yard but they don't do any inspections on them

You're right, I did make a typo...

Concourse HAS the car wash for both Concourse & Jerome

MTA wants to keep the 2 and 5 as it is that's means No R62A's on 2 or 5, it works out for everyone, The only thing TA can do is improve 5 service in Brooklyn to 11pm.

Not again with this.... its already been pointed out why the (2) or (5) won't see R62A's give it a rest.... their staying on the (6)<6> , politics have nothing to do with it . If the R62A's were to go anywhere else it will be the (4).

Point in truth, the last time an R62A operated for the (5) train was in 2001 (I think). Also, when is the possibility of an R62A operating on the (4)?

Point in truth, the last time an R62A operated for the (5) train was in 2001 (I think). Also, when is the possibility of an R62A operating on the (4)?

If you mean some regularly assigned to the (4), likely never. Only times it could be possible is when the (4) is split in two sections: 125 st and Woodlawn, and 125 St and New Lots/Utica Av.

If you mean some regularly assigned to the (4), likely never. Only times it could be possible is when the (4) is split in two sections: 125 st and Woodlawn, and 125 St and New Lots/Utica Av.

That's not necessarily true. I caught one on the (4) one time from 149st-Grand Concourse to Franklin Av. Of course this wasn't a regular assignment, but it is possible.

That's not necessarily true. I caught one on the (4) one time from 149st-Grand Concourse to Franklin Av. Of course this wasn't a regular assignment, but it is possible.

With all the commotion happening on the eastern B division about the R143 J train, I would say never say never for an R62A showing up on the (4).