R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

With all the commotion happening on the eastern B division about the R143 J train, I would say never say never for an R62A showing up on the (4).

Your right, but for now R62As aren't going anywhere near the (4) as the Jerome yard is lending a set of R142s/R142As to the <6> due to a shortage at Westchester.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it seems stupid when you look at the LED on those R62As, but with or without the Corona-Westchester-Jerome swap I mentioned, eventually Jerome would see 3 different types of cars again.

I agree with the reasoning of your opinion, just saying that the Corona-Westchester-Jerome swap was another option that could was looked at.

Why would jerome see 3 types? If you moved all the r62as back to the 6, the 6 still needs a few r142as to meet the needs. If anything the 6 might push out a few r142as to the 4 and then the 4 pushing out a few r142s to the 2/5 so all the lines will absorb the surplus of trains once the whole r188 conversion stuff is complete. The 7 is getting new cars in the form of inserts and 8 brand new 11 car trains. That is more than enough for the extension to 34th and cover for the current r62a singles they have now. Hell to make things even simpler, the r142as left on the 6 could go to jerome so the 4 has all the r142as and the 6 takes a few r142s. Either way there is no reason why the r62a needs to go to the 4. As others said, keep it simple as a 6 and 7 line fleet swap and keep the other lines out of it.

As for the 2200s or whatever on the 6 now, they are on loan since the 6 needs anything it can get as r142as are getting converted for the 7. I do agree that eventually when everything is settled, the 1600-1900s (non single units) and 2000s should all go back to the 6 and the 1 takes back their sets and take on the 2100s in trade for the 1800s. I have noticed some of the trains on the S now has cars grouped within a range of 10, ie: 1950s in one train and 1930s in another. I dunno if this was already done long ago or recent, but once more of the singles comes back from the 7, they could probably arrange more singles into consecutive 5 car sets. The lowest 1900s in 5 car sets i've seen are in the 1960s group.

Edited by Grand Concourse

If you mean some regularly assigned to the (4), likely never. Only times it could be possible is when the (4) is split in two sections: 125 st and Woodlawn, and 125 St and New Lots/Utica Av.

The Only time other than a g.o for an R62A to show up on the (4) is if you have throw something in to go New Lots and they can't go to the (2) or (5) for an R142 then maybe they would go to westchester yard to lend an R62A to jerome other than that very unlikely.

Edited by R62AR33

They're not? I saw them running around in a consecutive order last year. You'd think that they'd have linked them by now.

They're in consecutive order, but still have their couplers at every end. Makes you wonder if they forgot about linking them lol

They haven't forgotten to link 1961-1965 lol. In due time 1926-1965 will be linked from what I have understood. 1901-1908, 1910-1925 will be for the 42nd st. shuttle.

1906-10 could be left for just track 4. Ideally they should rebuild the platforms so they can hold a 5 car train. 1906-10 could also be left out as singles for work duty since they can't run as a 5 car set.

No it's just because 7919 entered service yesterday, or maybe the day before idk, and it already has graffiti. I know all cars can have graffiti, it's bound to happen to any of them, it's New York but I was kind of suprised someone got to it that fast.

Well who ever did it thought they were cool. Those will be the same people complaining that the trains are dirty and or the train line is late. Now that train one day will have to be out of service in order for the yard to remove the graffiti.

Well who ever did it thought they were cool. Those will be the same people complaining that the trains are dirty and or the train line is late. Now that train one day will have to be out of service in order for the yard to remove the graffiti.

Shame it had to happen to an R188. <_<

Shortage? What shortage?

Alot of the 7400s are at Kawasaki getting converted and Corona can't send anymore R62A's back to Westchester yard till more R188s go in service so The (1) is lending R62A's to the (6) , if your wondering why you may have seeing more broadway sets that is your reason why , and that is also why during the Pm rush hour Jerome lends an R142 or R142A to Westchester Yard for 2 rounds trips.

Edited by R62AR33

Alot of the 7400s are at Kawasaki getting converted and Corona can't send anymore R62A's back to Westchester yard till more R188s go in service so The (1) is lending R62A's to the (6) , if your wondering why you may have seeing more broadway sets that is your reason why , and that is also why during the Pm rush hour Jerome lends an R142 or R142A to Westchester Yard for 2 rounds trips.

Plus the (1) has more than enough cars to spare