R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's still a little over a dozen R62As left on the (7) so theirs no point in not using them for service and I'm willing to see how thier gonna update the stripmaps on the remaining R62A for the opening of 34th St-Hudson Yards.

Since there is only so little of them, I don't really see corona updating those maps.

Your mad late, but welcome!

The 34 St signage has started popping up everywhere on the (7) now. The new subway maps with 34 St as a terminal is being put on the new R188's first, then the converted sets. The R62A strip maps have also been updated with 34 St - Hudson Yards.

About 16 more.

Actually I think there's about less than that. A few 74xx sets are currently at Kawasaki, one more 74xx 10 car unit left on the (6), plus 7501-7590 which in total is 10 unit sets left to go from Westchester to Yonkers.

I don't know about you guys but I thought I'd never the (6) line back to a sort of 90s' state with the R62As.

Actually I think there's about less than that. A few 74xx sets are currently at Kawasaki, one more 74xx 10 car unit left on the (6), plus 7501-7590 which in total is 10 unit sets left to go from Westchester to Yonkers.

True, but I'm talking about the amount of sets that need to be delivered to Corona. Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Why would you belittle him for that? It's a legitimate question, one I'd like to know the answer to as well. If you don't know, there's no need to be snide, or to make fun of a typo.

Something I found on NYCSubway.org:

7209-7210

Seen being delivered via truck via GWB, presumably en route to Yonkers 1/29/2000;

Seen in Yonkers 5/9/2000

These numbers belong to the Bombardier option order range. It is not known if these cars are still in Yonkers or have been delivered with different numbers.

So in reality, it really isn't known what happened to these cars. Some say it was renumbered to 7211-7212, others believe that for some reason, 7209 was to be a C car for the (7). Edited by MysteriousBtrain

A "C" car? It was 2000 back then, unless the (MTA) was planning to give the (7) R188's back then.

So, no one actually knows what happened to these cars. Was it probably a faulty set?

No one thought about an R188 back then. Remember when we said the R142A's were originally for the (7) but then ended up going to the Lexington? Then Corona received the R62A's from Westchester (6) after the Redbird's retired from the (7) . The R142/A's on the Lexington replaced the R62A's and redbirds that served the (4)(5)(6) during the 90's.