R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a daily (6) rider, I personally don't like this swap. I don't think a line thats had NTTs for so long should almost be returned completely back to OTT. Don't get me wrong, it is nice having R62As on the (6) , but not as many as we have and will continue to recieve.

There'll still be a decent amount of R142As left after the swap, remember that the conversions will stop at 7590.

But those R62A's after being on the (7) so long now back on the busy Lex line might not be good in the long run, those cars have been on busy lines for so long, perhaps swap them with the R62s from the (3) since those cars do rest and aren't as used up. But I don't mind the R62A's on the (6) just concerned with its longevity.

But those R62A's after being on the (7) so long now back on the busy Lex line might not be good in the long run, those cars have been on busy lines for so long, perhaps swap them with the R62s from the (3) since those cars do rest and aren't as used up. But I don't mind the R62A's on the (6) just concerned with its longevity.

It's just a matter of maintaining them well enough to keep up with service of the (6) line. It'd be silly to think that Westchester is not gonna maintain them right out of spite for losing a majority of R142As conversions to the (7). I've noticed on the (6) especially on the weekends they don't use the R62As as much like on the weekdays, maybe Westchester can take that time to check out R62As durabilty or components.

This weekend though the R62As on the (1) will take a well deserved brake from service.

I'm not saying i don't like the R62A (6), not at all. They do fit but i feel that the 142As fit the (6) more than they fit the (7). and the (6) did get some good 62As that corona put a lot of work into fixing up. And i do have to agree that Westchester didn't take much time with the 142As when it comes to maintenance, but i dont see Corona doing a lot for some of the conversions that they're recieving. Ride R42A conversion 7429 and youll see what I'm talking about. and even most of the new factory sets look like shit. but I'd rather have had the 142As from the (4) converted because, 1, they roster would be actually sequential if they ended at 7810, and 2, a lot of people out there want R62As back on the (4). And the(4) took much more care of their 142As better then Westchester did. I have no clue why I'm ranting but whatever. Everyone has their own opinion and this is how I feel.

I'm not saying i don't like the R62A (6), not at all. They do fit but i feel that the 142As fit the (6) more than they fit the (7). and the (6) did get some good 62As that corona put a lot of work into fixing up. And i do have to agree that Westchester didn't take much time with the 142As when it comes to maintenance, but i dont see Corona doing a lot for some of the conversions that they're recieving. Ride R42A conversion 7429 and youll see what I'm talking about. and even most of the new factory sets look like shit. but I'd rather have had the 142As from the (4) converted because, 1, they roster would be actually sequential if they ended at 7810, and 2, a lot of people out there want R62As back on the (4). And the(4) took much more care of their 142As better then Westchester did. I have no clue why I'm ranting but whatever. Everyone has their own opinion and this is how I feel.

It would be nice to have the R62As run on the (4) since it is an express route and less stopping at stations after stations like the local and maybe less stress on the brakes, but one can only dream. I agree that the conversion order should have been sequential with the R142As from the (4) since it has 7810 and down.

Since the # of 188s are increasing on the (7)

R142: 6301-6690 are out of 239 st, 6691-7080 out of Unionport Yard

1101-1250, 7081-7180 out of Jerome Yard

R142A: 7471-7590, 7591-7655 out of Westchester Yard

7656-7810 out of Jerome Yard

*The shuttle train's R62As has moved to Livonia Yard

Since the # of 188s are increasing on the (7),

R142: 6301-6690 are out of 239 st, 6691-7080 out of Unionport Yard

1101-1250, 7081-7180 out of Jerome Yard

R142A: 7471-7590, 7591-7655 out of Westchester Yard

7656-7810 out of Jerome Yard

*The shuttle train's R62As has moved to Livonia Yard

The Shuttles R62As moved back to Livonia?

Should of moved some of Westchester (Coronas) R62A's to Livonia too. If mores coming in and Westchester (6) can't handle it, send more 62A's to E. 180th (2)(4)(5) or Livonia (3) and put some R62A's on the rest of Lexington. Easier than giving it to another yard in the other side of the city and will less likely be in service unless put in service on the line the yard associated with (which is the (3) for Livonia ) .

Should of moved some of Westchester (Coronas) R62A's to Livonia too. If mores coming in and Westchester (6) can't handle it, send more 62A's to E. 180th (2)(4)(5) or Livonia (3) and put some R62A's on the rest of Lexington. Easier than giving it to another yard in the other side of the city and will less likely be in service unless put in service on the line the yard associated with (which is the (3) for Livonia ) .

They should move those R62as to East 180 st yard for the (4) you can't put any on the (2) since it shares a terminal with the (5) and it is required to be fully NTTS